[14] Back to Mondstadt

Start from the beginning

"You may spar with me instead, (Y/n)." Zhongli suggests with a hint of amusement. "I'm quite rusty for I haven't fought in a long time. But if it's your wish to battle, I will oblige."

"Silence Mr. Zhongli." Venti cuts in. "Come on (Y/n), let's head over to Angel's share. I would not like these boys to chat to you."

"Venti you're not my father." you retort.

"I am not, young lady. I forbid you to interact with any of these boys." He says jokingly, pouting slightly.

All too soon Venti leads you towards the tavern.

Diluc speaks up, following behind. "You're heading towards my tavern, so you can't exactly stop us."

"My dear, come back--" Zhongli almost fell down the stairs by a wind slap but caught himself.

"Quiet, Mr. Zhongli!" Venti sighs before entering the tavern with you. "Do you see what I mean? This old man..."

"He's not that old." You wheeze before choking. "bruh-"

"Oh my, you better drink something soon." Venti says before handing you a bottle.

Then you calm down and start drinking from the bottle, then almost choked. "This is alcohol!" you whipped your head to stare at Venti.

"Well, does it suit your tastes?" he muses playfully, earning a denied shake from you.

"She doesn't have preferences but don't give someone while they're choking." Paimon notifies.

Diluc crosses his arms. "Do keep in mind that bottle is from my cellars."

"I'll pay you later, let's drink for now!" Venti cheers.

"Oh my, there are a variety in here.." Zhongli observes the bottles. "Could the alcoholic beverages in Mondstadt be of higher quality than that of Liyue's?"

Venti grins dubiously, a sign you should worry about.

"Only one way to find out."

"You're going to have a drink-off!?" Paimon exclaims.

"I'm going to go now, the heavens are calling me." you gave them a peace sign before walking off to the 2nd floor of the tavern.

You didn't want to deal with too much chaos for today.

"Wait (Y/nnnn)!" Venti whines before being smacked upside on his hat by a red-head.

"Goodbye, take your time to relax dear." Zhongli smiles at you before focusing back to the drinks.

"See you later." you say as you climb the stairs with Paimon.

You could see Venti whining from below as Zhongli tries to calm him by talking about osmanthus wine.

You let out a laugh when Diluc's face looks like he's about to lose it with the two former archons.

Eventually they calm down and start talking, catching up with what's been happening and some explanations here and there.

Taking a step onto the second floor, you expected it to be empty.

But instead, there was a blond-haired man sitting by himself at a table.

A blonde with crystal-like eyes, and a dark eyepatch. He wore dark clothing with a cape, a color of midnight blue. It eerily reminds you of the abyss.

'Wait... he's...'

Your gaze fixates on the blonde, narrowing your eyes as you try to recognize him.

'That's the man who mysteriously arrived in Mondstadt at the next world quest!'