[9] Harbinger of News

Start from the beginning

You grimace as you recall some memories about the Harbinger.

'The walls certainly have ears.'

After climbing up another plethora of wooden-red stairs, you finally reached the building's entrance. The house style was still eastern-like and neatly symmetrical, giving you a little bit of culture shock.

"Here is Northland Bank," Childe starts, "This bank was opened here in Liyue by Snezhnaya. Though everyone knows Liyue is the most enterprising in Teyvat, Snezhnaya is not of short either."

Paimon crosses her arms sassily. "Yeah well, poorer nations don't seem the type to have diplomats that come around acting the way yours do towards the Knights of Favonius."

"Eh-hehehe..." Childe brushes off Paimon then turns his attention, handing you an item. "Here, let me give you this."

Holding the item in hand, you look at it with familiarity. "This is a... s--"

"I'm not sure, exactly. Sometimes, all money can buy is 'things' and not a name for oneself. All I know that it's a sigil. A sigil to keep the 'mighty and illuminated adepti' from bringing harm to you."

'It's kinda ironic the Adepti would attempt to harm me, even though their main purpose to protect mortals.' a random thought passes.

Childe points to a certain direction. "If you head north from the harbor, then west from Guili Plains, you will eventually reach a stone forest known as Jueyun Karst. The people of Liyue believe it to be the abode of the adepti."

"The adepti, I see..." You pretend to be in deep thought.

"Legend or not, they believe it. As such, offerings to the adepti are made at its borders. Nobody dares ventures in. But I have no need for believing - not when I know for a fact that the adepti truly exist."

Paimon glances at you then to him. "Hate to admit it but your Fatui intel seems alright. But, why would we go looking for the adepti anyway?"

"Ha, oh my little friend. There are plenty of reasons mortals seek the blessings of adepti. Money, Health, Love... But you... you will go for justice."

"Justice for my falsely accused murder of Rex Lapis? Yes, I think that's a great enough reason to clear my name." you reply.

"The Qixing will already have dispatched the Millelith. They'll be seeking out the assassins from amongst the onlookers. But how can a mere mortal kill a god that can sweep aside entire armies? Rex Lapis never gave up his power as a god."

'I don't know man. While you're here explaining your radical Archon Theories, I'm just sitting here watching it all go down.' you casually think.

"This crude response is beyond what is called for. How suspicious..." He then looks over to you, as if expecting a response or another idea for the Qixing's suspicion.

Attempting to divert his attention from the truth, you let out a bewildering comment.

"You think they're trying to hide the true culprit and the Qixing is trying to pin it on someone else?"

"Your thinking is even more radical than my own, Honorary Knight." He simply laughs then turns serious. "Even now, the Northland Bank wouldn't be able to hold off the Millelith for long, but the adepti can clear you of any wrongdoing..."

'So, we're getting to this part now.' you mentally note.

"...Liyue was founded by the Geo Archon and the adepti. Look for them. And be faster than the Qixing's messengers, so you may give your version of events first. If there is anyone that can help you in Liyue now, it can only be the mighty and illuminated adepti."