chapter thirteen

a harsh slap lands across your face, jolting you conscious. the chains rattle as your body swings around, your feet so close yet so far from the ground.

"wake up bitch" the voice finally has a name to the familiarity.

"cat, you- you bitch. let me go!" you shout aloud as you open your eyes to see the devil smile adorned to her face.

"never" she tells you as she raises her fist and punches you straight in the gut making you groan in pain.

"what- what is wrong with you? you're helping him, aren't you? all because i testified against him?" you question her, getting your answer when she breaks eye contact.

"god, you're so clueless, oblivious! he's using you cat! he doesn't want a relationship with you, he just used you to get out! an- and you fell for it" you laugh humourlessly at her stupidity.

"it's pathetic really, imagining that you guys could really have a father daughter rel-" your words are cut off as she slaps your across the face, adding more to your already appearing injuries.

"keep your mouth shut!" she exclaims before walking away, slamming the metal door behind her.

you sigh out in relief, glad that she's gone for now. she isn't scary but when you're chained and unable to defend yourself, she becomes pretty intimidating.

penelope garcia's point of view:

"garcia i need you to do something for me" hotch speaks as he enters my lair, coming to stand next to me.

"hit me sir- not literally hit me i mean-" i begin to explain my silly comment properly before he so rudely and not rarely cuts me off.

"garcia i need you to see where y/n is, check her phone location, last calls, anything" he tells me and i feel my heart drop.

"w-why?" i question, already brining up phone information for y/n.

"she said she'd be back 2 hours tops, that was 3 hours ago. we're all so busy viewing case files no one noticed. i think she had a bigger lead than she led on or at least that's what i'm hoping it is" he tells me, staring intently at my screens.

"alright her phones last ping was at her apartment... 17 minutes after she left here, she left here at 4:28, her phone then pinged at her apartment at 4:45... it's now 7:27... s-she's gone isn't she?" i ask him. this has happened to too many of us before to not notice the signs. jj, emily, derek... and now her.

"i'm sending emily and derek to her apartment. if anything changes let me know!" hotch exclaims before running out of my office, yes running.

"yes sir" i quickly rush out before focusing back on my screens, averting my gaze to the team photo placed on my desk. i gently run my finger over the face of y/n, "you're gonna be okay. the unicorn gods are going to protect you... you're going to be okay" i kept repeating to myself as i calmed myself down and got to work.

spencer reid's point of view:

"hey guys, look at this" i hand over the visitation log from the prison casey brown was in, the paper shows cat adams visiting him two different times in one day, nearly a year and a half ago.

"huh" emily says as she hands the paper over to rossi who had the same reaction.

"you guys see it?" i ask them, watching as they nod.