Chapter 6

And here you were, fighting with all your might against the enemy captain. You decided to make gold in your father's words. Find the strength within you, to save the one you care about. "For once in my life! I'm going to fight back! I'm so tired of being treated as a curse! As an outsider! As weakling!" You jump back and raise more roots up from the ground. "I won't let you hurt the people I care about! I'll stop you, even if it cost my own life!" You launch the roots at the captain, who blocked all but one, that jabbed him hard in the gut, sending him flying backwards into a nearby tree. "Now, leave my island!" You raised the root to strike him. But to your dismay, he grabbed it and pushed back. "What!?" You gasp. You tried pushing against him harder, but he would not budge. The captain's mighty glare struck your heart as he destroyed the root. He then launched himself at you.

Everything seemed like it moved in slow motion...would this be it? Would you die here, not being able to save even one person? It couldn't be? You tried so hard. You gave all the strength you had and still, it wasn't enough...Your village would be destroyed afterwards. Your friends, your father, Luffy and his crew, all of them would die. And there was nothing you could do to stop it...

Just as you were about to give up all hope, Luffy rose again. He sucks in a lungful of air before taking aim. "Gumo Gumo no....Gatling Gun!!!" Within a spilt second, punch after punch after punch was delivered on the captain. He was sent to the ground only to be pounded over and over again. The punches were so quick and hard, the force left fist shape indents on his body. Luffy yelled out in fury before finishing him off with one final blow. Luffy's arms jerked back, making him fall onto his back. You gather your thoughts, trying to process what just happened. Glancing over at the now downed captain, then back to Luffy. Just how resilient was this guy? "Luffy?" Your strength returned to your legs as you ran to him. Still on his back, he was grinning proudly. "What did I tell ya?" He pants. "I said would beat his ass into the ground! And I did!" He began laughing.

Why was he laughing right now? Wasn't he in pain? He had to be, he was covered in bruises and blood! You fell to your knees, moving his black bangs from his face. Luffy seemed to relax at your touch. "I thought all pirates were the same. That they were all rude, greedy, bloodthirsty monsters. And yet, you and your crew are so different from the ones I've seen here today." You continue. "You helped my village without even thinking twice about it, all because I simply asked. And then, you saved me, twice now. I just can't understand, why. Why would you risk your life, your crew's lives, just for me?"

"I just do what I want. And my crew can choose to follow me or not. And I wanted to help you and your village." Luffy answers bluntly. "Speaking of, is everyone safe?" Before you could answer, Luffy's crew, along with the villagers, were coming into view. Zoro and Sanji hurried ahead and saved the men and children who were being held hostage. Slowly, a smile came to your face. "Yes, I think they are." Chopper was next to rush over to Luffy's side. "Luffy!" He cried. "Hey Chopper!" Luffy chuckles. "You think you can fix me up?"

"Idiot! Of course I can!" Chopper huffed and started getting to work. "Oh, I almost forgot." You take off Luffy's hat and placed it back on his own head. Luffy chuckles. "Thanks Y/n!"

"No problem, Luffy."

• • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • •

The villagers, much to your surprise, threw a celebratory thank you party for Luffy and his crew. Even the village elder, Keao, was appreciative to the pirate crew. "My village and I would like to thank you, for saving this village from those brutish pirates. You will always be welcomed here, brave crew." Keao then turned to you. "And you, Y/n L/n, you brought these kind pirates here to save us all. You even risked your own life to save us. With your devil fruit abilities no less. We were fools to have judged you so harshly, you Y/n, are no curse. That in mind, you are hereby welcomed back into this village." You smile brightly before hugging Keao, his eyes winded slightly, he smiled himself as he hugged you back. You pulled back and hugged your father next. "My daughter, welcome back home." He said gently.

"Now!" Announced Keao. "Let the celebration begin!" The village cheered for his words. Then everyone parried like there was no tomorrow.