"What do you mean that you are in the hospital?! I will be over there in a minute. Which hospital are you at?" Tala asks.

"I am in my pack's hospital so you can't come in. I am doing fine. My mom and I were out and we got attacked by rouges. We are both okay, I just lost some blood and have a wound on my side. Nothing too big" I say, trying to make it sound not that bad.

"You are in the hospital so you are not okay. If you were okay then you wouldn't be. I am going to beat all of those rogues' asses" Tala says and it was cute how mad she got.

"No, it's okay really. They just want me to rest while the wound heals. I will see you on Monday at school though" I say trying to cheer her up. We spend the next few hours on the phone talking.

Tala's POV

I wake up on a beautiful Monday morning very excited. I get to see my kitten after not seeing her this whole weekend. I know it sounds weak that I can't be without her for just three days, but it's different because we are mates and need to be near each other most of the time. I get up and get ready for school and I wanted to wear a nice outfit. I find a shirt and pants that will go great together and now I just need to find my shoes. I look all over the house for them but I can't find them. Since my mom and I share the same shoe size, I bet she has the shoes in her room. I went into my parent's room looking for my shoes and I still couldn't find them. I see that the bathroom light is on so I go and check-in there. I open the door and there is my mom with her no shirt on but at least she is wearing a bra and cleaning off wounds. I look at her carefully and see that she has a lot of big, long, and deep wounds all over her body. She panics when she sees me and puts on her shirt.

"What happened to you!" I say worried that my mom has wounds all over her body.

"Oh these wounds, they are nothing. They aren't bad as they look. The pups are starting to shift and they are getting out of hand sometimes. What did you need from me?" my mom says and I know she is lying because pups that young don't leave marks like what I saw. I am guessing she doesn't want to talk about it though.

"I am looking for my favorite shoes," I say and look down at her feet to see my shoes on.

"You can keep them today, I will find another pair of shoes," I say while closing the door but my mom stops me.

"Please don't tell your dad about this. I don't want him to worry" my mom begs and I nod. I go and find another pair of shoes to wear and think about what could have happened to my mom. I get done with everything and wait for Dakota to come to pick me up. She arrives and I get into her car.

"Hey, girly how was your morning?" Dakota says when I get into the car.

"Interesting is all I can say," I say while looking out the window.

"Why say that?" Dakota questions.

"My mom is acting weird that's all. I will look into it later" I say taking a deep breath

"Well, I am here if you need me. How is Nova doing?" Dakota asks.

"She is doing good for what she has told me. I am just happy to see her today" I say.

"That's good. Oh, I have to tell you that we are getting new pack mates" Dakota says and I am surprised because we haven't got any new pack mates in years.

"There are three of them. One girl and two boys, they are our age. They said that their pack was destroyed by the rogue group that attacked Nova and her mom. They were going to go to the Nightshade pack, but they knew what would happen if they entered their land even though they were good. They rush over to our pack land and we welcome them. They are going to be hanging out with us because we need to show them the ropes and all that. I have to pick up the girl right now and the guys will ride with Tobey and Rudi" Dakota explains and I just nod. We drive to the new members' house that the pack has set up for them and the girl comes out. She is cute, nothing special to me because I just think that my mate is the most attractive person alive to me. She gets in and says her name is Adora. On the way to school, she was explaining to us that she lived in a peaceful pack, and then out of nowhere they were attacked. I felt bad for them because I could not imagine that happening to us. Adora does seem nice and we can be friends.