"That sounds about right,"

"C'mon, let's head out, we'll be back before they even realize we left."

"Okay,"

"We'll talk more when we're there too,"

Colette led the way out of the kitchen. Quietly she grabbed the keys to one of the service vehicles and like two teenagers sneaking away from their parent's house in the middle of the night, she and the young man climbed into the truck and drove off.

The brunette knew the combination to the gate, making it easier for the grand escape and beyond the manor's walls, they went, Oliver drove them of course and in a particular silence as nervousness ate him up.

"Did you ever find out what you were sick with?"

"Yes, queen Adira did reveal it to me, apparently it was a tumour,"

"Gosh, I'm so sorry,"

"Don't worry," tittered Oliver. "So you're a part of the supernatural now?"

The truck hummed forward and as the girl looked out the window, she saw the manor disappear slowly. It was cut off by the trees, they clustered it in a hug with the shimmering moon and the night cradling it too and it was such a pretty sight.

"I'm sure it won't come as a shock but the queen's former lover, Petra had a little strife with me. I don't blame her for doing it because who wouldn't want to fight for Adira, right? Well she did, she fought for her. She attacked me twice, I narrowly escaped once but on the final attempt, she bit me,"

Colette switched on the lights in the truck and showed the faint markings of where Petra's fangs stuck themselves. Olive disregarded the lovebites he saw and studied the scarring instead. It perturbed his soul seeing the scars.

"That's big, I'm so sorry,"

"Don't worry about it. She did kinda crush my skull and that knocked me out perfectly afterwards, so it's all a blur now. They tried to turn me I heard, I was unconscious for a lil bit, but I died maybe for a few hours and that's where I met this being who said some really interesting things to me. Now I make water go woosh, and I shine like a Christmas tree," she said and Oliver chuckled.

"That's incredible, I wish I had cooler powers,"

"But you have claws, I think those are awesome,"

"I was lucky, Adira said when she brought me back. I wasn't in hell but I was stuck in the between. I don't know how she got her people to me but they did. A revenant revealed days, weeks after that she ordered them to dig up my grave. She has an innate ability to know whose soul to bargain for or simply save. She can only do it to the ones in distress, I've heard." Oliver said, comfortable enough to share his story.

"This doesn't apply to all of the revenants because some were requested to be brought back by family and friends,"

"I've heard some of the people who work for her say that," replied the brunette.

Oliver took his eyes away from the desolate road for a few seconds.

"Yeah and I think it's nice that she helps the damned. Some of us weren't inherently bad you know." He paused.

"But as I said, she informed me that I was lucky because I was one of a few revenants whose nails unsheaths like a werewolf's. Most of the revenants come back with the generic aptitudes: like super strength, super speed, telekinesis, some could even turn full-on beast. There's also a few with two or more abilities, I guess I fell into that special one per cent because not only do I come with claws but I can move as fast as a vampire."