Chapter 15: The 57th Expedition Pt.1

(Y/N) was brushing his horse as they were leaving in an hour. He named the horse (H/N) he figured it fit the horse. He had memorized his team's position in the expedition perfectly. Also the colors of flares they would use. Red was titans spotted, black was an abnormal spotted, purple was an emergency, blue was a retreat order, green was a change of direction and yellow was a terminated mission. As he was brushing he saw Reia, Elias and Pieck had walked up to him.

"Hey Captain," Elias said. (Y/N) looked over at him with a small smile.

"I'm far from that Elias, ready for today?" He opened a pouch on the horse's saddle and put the brush in it. He pulled out a carrot from the pouch and shut it.

"I should be," Elias said with a chuckle.

"What about you two?" (Y/N) looked at the two girls. He went to face the horse and waved the carrot in front of her. She bit off half of the carrot and (Y/N) patted her snout.

"Fine," Reia said, stretching. Pieck was staring at the horse and didn't answer him.

"Pieck?" (Y/N) waved in front of her. She shook her head. "Afraid of the horse or something?"

"No," She said with a frown. (Y/N) handed her the rest of the carrot and led her to (H/N).

"Feed her then," Pieck hesitated but outstretched her hand to the horse. The horse gently took the rest of the carrot from Pieck and licked her hand. "Wasn't that bad right?"

"Shut up," Pieck said.

(Y/N) looked over and saw Jean, Connie and Armin walking over.

"Captain (Y/N), kinda rolls off the tongue," Jean joked.

"I'm not a captain,"

"Leader, the big one. Oh maybe, oh great commander," Connie laughed.

"Funny,"

"Don't complain when he has to save you," Pieck said.

(Y/N) let out a little chuckle. He pulled himself on his horse and the rest of the team did the same. (Y/N) rode in the front, Connie, Jean and Pieck rode in the middle, Reia and Elias rode in the back. They rode a bit at a slow pace and met up with the rest of the scouts. (Y/N) watched as the gate lifted up and a bell sounded. Eventually he saw commander Erwin's sword in the air and they started to charge. He looked at the wall as he ran past it. It had been roughly five years since he was outside these walls. Sadly the landscape looked no different than it had been when he came to the island.

They rode for about ten minutes until (Y/N) saw a red smoke flare. He pulled out the flare gun and loaded a red smoke canister into it.

"Cover your ears!"

He pointed it in the air, covered his right ear with his arm and his left with his hand. He pulled the trigger and the smoke towered into the air. He looked over and saw green smoke point to the left, the commander made the formation go left around the titan. They did this procedure for a while and (Y/N) saw another color fly into the air. Black smoke was shot three times by three different squads. He redirected his team towards the smoke. He had a gut feeling something terrible was happening.

"We're not in formation anymore," Connie informed.

"Thanks for stating the obvious," Jean said.

"This is our job, engage abnormals, find another like Eren,"

"What if this is a regular abnormal?" Reia asked.

"Kill it,"

The squad got closer and saw a horse was thrown. They dodged it and (Y/N) looked ahead to see the female titan being attacked by some scouts. He cursed at Annie in his mind.

"Put on your hoods,"

"Why?" Elias asked.

"Just do it,"

They all put their hoods on as the female titan grabbed one of the scouts' tethers, she pushed the tether down making the scour fly into the side of her. His blood splattered and he fell to the ground. Another one tried to go for her ankles and she stomped on him. The last one was grabbed out of the air and crushed.

"Stay back," (Y/N) ordered his team.

They stopped and (Y/N) jumped off his horse. The female titan saw him and tried to stomp him. He dodged and landed on the abandoned building's roof. The female went for a punch but (Y/N) pulled off his hood and she stopped immediately. (Y/N) whistled for his horse and it came running. The female titan stood up and ran. He looked as she ran away.

"What is her plan?"