I'll Say it Again, I Love You

Start from the beginning

"Yes, Nat. Everything." He shifted slightly on the bed. "Even what you said."

Nat felt her cheeks go red. What was happening to her? She never blushed.

Steve laughed, noticing the colour.

"Natasha Romanoff, blushing? Never thought I'd see the day."

"I didn't think you would hear any of it. I didn't really want you to hear it either." She said defensively, referring to her confession the night she found out Dr. Cho induced his coma.

"Doesn't make it any less valid, does it?"

Nat crossed her arms.

"What did I even say then, Rogers? If you think you know so well?"

Steve chuckled. She was trying so hard to escape this conversation, but he was thoroughly enjoying it.

"You know what you said. Sappy shit you'd hear in a Nicholas Spark's movie."

"How do you even know what that is?"

"I'm not that uncultured."

"You're literally 97 years old."

He paused, tilting his head at her. "Are you gonna kiss me or what?"

Nat nodded, swallowing. "Yeah."

So, she did. It was short and sweet but filled with passion. Something she had wanted to do for a really long time.

Steve pulled away, looking into her eyes. Despite the fact that she looked sleep deprived from stress, he felt he could stare into them for hours.

"I tried to tell you, but since you couldn't hear me, I'll say it again."

Nat raised an eyebrow.

"I love you too, Nat."

Nat embraced him, thankful he felt this way too. She was worried that this whole situation wasn't going to turn out this way.

"Why didn't you say anything before, then?" She asked him.

"Why didn't you?"

"I didn't think you felt the same way."

Steve chuckled. "I didn't, either."

Nat leaned in to kiss him again. "Well, now we know."

Steve smiled against her lips. They were both deliriously happy.

Steve pulled her back on the bed, so she was laying on his chest. They stayed there, wrapped up in each other's warmth.

"What made you come down here? You told me that night you would say anything when I wake up."

Nat laughed to herself, thinking about her daughter.

"Wanda, if you can believe it. She told me that you told her you loved me, when you were unconscious."

Steve snapped up, groaning when he realized he moved too fast.

Nat touched the back of his head gently

"Be careful, your head is still hurt."

"I never said that." I mean, it's true, obviously, I do have feelings for you, but I never told Wanda that."

Nat shook her head, a laugh echoing through the otherwise quiet room.

"That little..."

Steve cocked his head, confused. "What?"

"She lied in order to get me to come to talk to you."

Steve fell into a fit of laughs. "She smart, she knows what she's doing, doesn't she? I can't believe she got you to admit your feelings for me."