9. Shared Birthdays

Start from the beginning

"Can't you just stay here?" Willow asked, looking over at him with a begging look in her eyes.

"Lola, you know I can't. Later, I promise" Klaus said she didn't responded for a moment before sighing.

"Alright" She replied with a frown, giving him one last peck on his lips before she allowed him to get out of the bed.

•••

"I'm surprised she hasn't broken up with you yet" Ben commented as he sat at the edge of the pool, holding his favorite book.

"What makes you say that?" Klaus asked, raising an eyebrow in confusion. He thought that their relationship was going great, but Ben's comment made him doubt that.

"Well, you're always too focused on your cult. You two have barely spent time together the past month" Ben complained.

"Yes we have" Klaus defended as he lay back on the sun lounger, putting his large rose gold circle sunglasses on over his eyes.

"No you haven't" Ben replied.

"We spend a lot of time together" Klaus replied, crossing his arms.

"I don't think sleeping in the same bed and kissing each other once a day counts as spending time together" Ben argued.

"Shut your pie hole Ben" Klaus snapped at his brother.

"What? I'm only telling you this because I care about you and I don't want you to fuck this one up" Ben told him.

"Fuck what up?" Klaus asked.

"Your relationship. You like her a lot, and I like her a lot too. She's good for you" Ben replied, placing his book down next to him.

"But also, you have to tell her the truth" Ben said seriously.

"Why would I do that?" Klaus asked, fidgeting with the scrunchie on his wrist that he had stolen from his girlfriend.

"She's going to find out sooner or later. And personally I'd rather she found out from you and not anyone else" Ben replied.

"What am I supposed to say? 'Hey Willow, I'm from the future and I can commune with the dead!' How'd you think she's going to take that?" Klaus replied sarcastically.

"Maybe start off by telling her about the drugs? Ease into it" Ben suggested, trying to be helpful.

"Maybe you should just stay out of my business?" Klaus replied.

"Do you love her?" Ben asked.

"Obviously" Klaus replied without hesitation before he heard footsteps from behind him.

"Then you have to tell her the truth" Ben told him.

"Who are you talking to?" Willow asked from behind him. She had heard the name 'Ben' said in his conversations many times yet she still had no idea who he was.

"No one. Just myself" Klaus lied, hoping that she would believe him. Willow gave him a suspicious look before sitting down next to him, leaning into his body and resting her head on his bare chest.