31. The Anniversary

ابدأ من البداية

I was repelled by the smell of perform in the air. I passed several of Ellah's family members who didn't care to greet me. I just came for the drinks and food to be honest. My hands moved hand my neck in an oscillating motion. I was distracted by loud music and unnerving people talking over each other. My inner thoughts disappeared and so did my last sip of champagne. The sky turned dark and the moon gleamed from above shining over the city. I darted over near the table with snacks, juices and sodas. All the lights in the reception began to gleam. Ruby, blue, green and yellow.

"Oh snap is that Drew!?" Ellah's uncle, Jason, punched me on my arm aggressively. His eyes screamed happiness. He was happy to be here since he's on vacation from work now. He smiled wider, showing off his pearly whites rubbing his hand on his head.

"Uncle Jason." I said not shocked at all. I'd expect him to show up and showing some support for his brother Lonnie.

"How you been man?" He leaned his head in to hear my voice.

"Great and you?" He nodded his head telling me all about his great weekend in Dubai riding in cars under the warm sun and eating food he never had before. He went on and on ranting about where he should go next.

"Where's Ellah?" He asked immediately noticing my annoyed facial expression. He turned to the crowd looking for his gorgeous niece.

"I haven't seen her yet!"

"If you see her, tell her I'm back from the Army." His hand slithered down from the sleeve of my suit. I watched him push through a crowd of cluttered people dancing with the devil.

"Mhum!" I tapped my feet to the loud music playing in the background causing the ground to vibrate uncontrollably. I felt the tingling sensation though my toes.

"Oh em gee! Drew!" A group of beautiful women I had no Idea were even invited hugged me all at once. I was surprised that I was even recognized in the dim lights. I greeted them one by one giving them little kisses on the cheek.

"Yea Hi!" I said standing still confused as hell.

"You don't remember us?" One of them questioned with a Martini in her hand.

"You look very familiar." I looked at all of them trying to keep a smile on my face.

"We grew up together. We always came to your mom's barbecue. I'm the short blonde who used to have long hair and braces. I'd always make fun of your curly fro." She laughed as the rest of them looked at me with happy eyes remembering the same memory. She wiggled her fingers around her face to make me visualize her as a child before she changed her features.

"Oh, Miranda?" I said unsure. She nodded in approval. She and her sisters grew up extremely attractive.Their teeth's developed pretty well over time since they all had braces. Huge breast development too. They're all gorgeous. They grew up to be beautiful young women. Father of Christ!

"Yes you guessed it." I cheesed feeling impressed.

" I forgot your family only had girls." Miranda looked around her making sure her sisters were still around her making the situation less awkward. "I'm standing her like didn't you have a brother."

"You grew up to be really handsome man. I'm impressed" They all shook their heads in agreement. "Well you always been actually." So much flattery in one night. Please my heart can't take it!