"Ammi Instead of giving me gift you're scolding me." I complaint and she glared at me again. Thankfully baba wasn't there to support his wife otherwise my condition was going to be worse.

"I'm not giving you any gift. I'm starting bride hunt, If you like anyone, tell me and if you don't, I'll find out a nice girl for you" it was an order.

"Ammi" I was shocked.

"Do you like anyone or not?" She asked and I shook my head.

"Then I'll search a match for you" I smack my forehead. "Ammi no need to do this" I fake cried.

"Why? Do you already like anyone?" She inquired and I was answerless. "If you do, then introduce her to me, otherwise I'll start bride hunt"

"Okay, I'll introduce her soon" I shrugged, it was the only way to stop Ammi to do bride hunt for me.

"It means you like someone?" I saw her over excited for the first time in my life.

"Ammi neend aa rhi hai, sone dijiye" Saying that I stepped in my room and lock the door.

(Ammi, lemme sleep... I'm tried.)

How could I tell ammi that I was in love with Adeena and my heart stops at her only.

I was trying to forget her, not really... Still I tried hard to avoid her thoughts but they come in front of me every time. Today when Shifa said 'I'm sorry but I can't take a lift from you or any other man. But thanks a lot', It hit me hard. Adeena was just like this. She was crazy for chocolates but not ready to accept them from me or any other guy. Sometimes Shifa reminds me of Adeena. She is a nice girl, just like Adeena.

To kill some time I lift my mobile and started scrolling Instagram but I noticed the green dot on the official account of Shifa.

"Assalamualaikum, Ghar time se pohoch gyi thi?" I text her.

(Did you reach home on time?)

"Waalaikumas salam, no I was late." I got the reply immediately.

"Faced any problem?" I asked a general question.

"Not really. I had called my Mama (maternal uncle) and he came to pick me from the metro station." She replied and I send an emoji

"Talked to your papa?"

"Not yet, actually I'm at my grandmother's place, tonight. But I'm trying to gather some courage."

"Okay" I text back and think about myself. Wasn't I taking more than enough interest in Shifa? But she is a nice girl. I didn't realise when my eyes started getting heavy in between these thoughts and I was consumed by the slumber.

<><><><>

"Khatija, aapne apne bete ko kuch samjhaya?" Baba asked Ammi on breakfast table. But it was the hidden question for me.

(Khatija Did you describe something to your son?)

"Ji, Aapke sahabzaade ko koi pasand hai, isliye aur sari ladkiyon ko reject kar rahe hain" I choked on my tea and Cough hard. Ammi was high in prediction.

(Yes, your son does like someone that's why rejecting all the other proposals)

"Ammmmiiiii... I don't like anyone" placing the cup of tea on table I protest trying to not to cough.

"Daniyal now you're backing off from your words, you have already told me you'll introduce that girl to me" I stood up in hurry before stepping towards the door, that's what I could do to help myself in that situation.