Something isn't right

(Note: I kinda hurried this chapter because is mostly shit nobody wants to waste their time on, so it will not be the best writing quality but the next chapter will be a nice one, so you have to endure. )

It's been 11 days since Jin Woo arrived in the new world, and so far he's been enjoying it a lot, to say the least, barely being able to wait for the next surprise that will pop up for him.

Since his arrival, the entire atmosphere of the mansion has changed quite a bit, and in a good way. Everyone seems to have become more positive and lively, especially Rem who's basically a completely different person now.

This, however, didn't go unnoticed by Roswaal who has taken a deep interest in Jin Woo. He's been trying to act more friendly and get closer to him, hoping to gain his sympathy and favor.

Roswaal knew that Jin Woo was special, but he didn't know how much he was. He was trying to get a grasp at his capabilities and know just how useful would he be in his schemes. 

Meanwhile, Jin Woo was about to go to the nearby village with Rem to get a restock on the food supply.

He was curious because he had never seen the village before or met any of its inhabitants, so he happily volunteered to go and help Rem with her shopping.

The entire way there Rem's gaze turned at Jin Woo whenever he was not paying attention. Of course, this didn't go unnoticed by him but he just decided to pass it off.

When they arrived at their destination Rem proceeded on shopping for the necessary supplies while Jin Woo was trying to explore the area around, but failed because he was stopped by the village children that jumped all over wiping their noses on him.

Jin Woo didn't exactly like children, but these brats were beyond annoying.

He tried to get them off himself but miserably failed. 

The shadow monarch had fallen in front of the wrath of the village brats.

There was no point in resisting anymore. He had to play with them till Rem was finished.

While the kids were playing and pulling on his clothes Jin Woo noticed a blue-haired little girl holding in her arms a puppy that had a bold spot at the top of his head.

She was staying a little separated and seemed a little shy.

But something seemed wrong though. 

He approached the girl and asked with a smile:

-And who might this pretty little girl be?

The girl hesitated for a second but then spoke

-My name is Maili sir.

-Well it's nice to meet you Maili. My name Is Jin-Woo.

-What a weird name you have...

She responded looking him in the eyes

-Hahahaha..I know but where I'm from, names like mine are pretty common.

As he said that he turned his gaze at the dog that was just as suspicious as the girl.

There was definitely something wrong with both of them, but he was not sure what exactly was up.

-And this is your puppy right??

As Jin Woo was about to pat the dog when it suddenly bit his hand.

All the kids except for Maily started laughing at what happened but all of them stopped when they saw that Jin Woo's hand was totally unharmed.