3 - i'm falling

Depuis le début

"Yeah?" You responded.

"Can you um, play with my hair?" She asked, pouting at you.

"Oh. Well, okay." You said, anxious about doing something wrong.

She looked back down and continued playing with your hand, while your other was hand was hovering in the air, almost stuck in place.

She noticed you aren't doing anything, and you noticed she stopped playing with your hand.

"Y/n?" She looked back up and your eyes met, she could sense how nervous you were.

"Um, I just don't really know what to do or uh, you know." You said, stumbling on your words.

"It's okay, don't worry. Just..." She softly grabbed your floating hand and guided it towards her hair.

"See? Nothing happened. Now just do whatever, I don't really mind." She smiled and went back to doing her thing.

'God, I'm so awkward around pretty girls.' You thought, mentally face-palming yourself.

You calmed down and just brushed her hair slowly with your fingers, not really knowing what to do.

"Yeah, that's nice." Charli said and closed her eyes at the feeling.

You looked at her face and admired it as you kept going, seeing how relaxed her face is, with a cute tiny smile and just everything about her face in that moment was perfect.

You two were busy doing your own thing, and didn't even notice Madison, who was approaching the table with a tray of all of your ice cream.

Madison looked at the two of you and felt herself melt at the sight.

She knows how hard it is for you to get close with people and open up, and the fact that with Charli it all came so naturally was really surprising to her.

She loved seeing you so happy, and now you were happy, all the time.

She put the tray down as quietly as she could and slid into her seat, which went unnoticed by the two of you.

"This is so sweet, if you eat the ice cream after this you might need to go to the dentist." Madison said, catching the two of you by surprise.

Charli sat back up, and soon both of you missed the warmth and touch of the other.

To make up for the loss of warmth, you both scooted a little closer, your shoulders almost touching.

"Sorry to interrupt but ice cream melts, you know." Madison said and you rolled your eyes at her but kept silent.

The rest of the afternoon was spent in that ice cream shop.

The time passed so quickly, as the three of you ate your ice cream and talked about many different topics.

You almost didn't notice that it isn't as light outside anymore.

The ride home was spent singing along loudly to the songs on the radio you knew, Charli and you holding hands again.

When it was time to say goodbye to Charli and drop her off, the three of you got out of the car.

Madison hugged Charli first, whispering into Charli's ear a little, "Good job, I like you."

Charli smiled and Madison went back into the driver's seat, grinning at her.

"Today was really fun, I'm glad I waited outside your class." Charli said.

"Believe me when I say that I'm happier about it than you are, we should do something like this another time." You smiled.

"Of course we will, are you kidding? I loved hanging out with you today. Maybe next time we could go somewhere alone?" Charli suggested.