Chapter 3

She had reached the outskirts of the city, to see a gigantic white tree that had grown in the center of it, its roots continued to spread, it was clear that the local populace was evacuated and the Huntsmen dispatched had tried to contain the Tree, even grimm avoided the city, she flew to the nearest three storey building, to see the damage, buildings and vehicles were crushed with the demonic tree's roots she flew closer to the tree looking for V, as she got closer and closer, she saw the damage it had wrought, as she saw multiple huntsmen try to kill the spawn the tree had created, she saw it's roots moving around like it, was fully sentient, perhaps the tree itself was sentient?

As she saw it, it looked like it was not of this world, it's bark was fully white and from there it was reminiscent of concrete, as the roots continued to spread through town, it grew.

She had spotted V on a piece of debris looking at the mysterious tree.

She descended downward to meet him, V was not alone, with him was a large bird and a panther, the panther was walking in circles while watching the tree, and the bird was on his hand also looking at the tree, the bird flew off of his arm and circled around, looking for threats.

As she got closer, V had noticed her presence.

"It's name is the Qliphoth Tree, it's a tree that grows in the underworld, it only grows every one thousand years, someone opened a portal to let it through."

"How do you know about it?" She asked

"Where else? Legends, historical records and I saw it first-hand. Legends say human blood is it's water, and the roots shall not stop growing, the roots seek human blood, and drains them, turning them into nothing but husks, These have been confirmed." He said, pointing his cane towards silhouettes of humans in various poses, all of them expressing fear, they had no face, no skin and their surface is reminiscent of the tree itself.

"Another Devil hunter is making his way to Urizen's throne room, eliminating the Qliphoth roots, I suggest you do the same, I hypothesize that it should weaken Urizen, but beware his minions are guarding some of it, I also suggest that you eliminate them also, so they wouldn't intervene with your fight with Urizen." He said.

Without a word, she flew to the nearest Qliphoth root, which a team of Huntsmen was fighting.

"She still hasn't changed." V said to Griffon.

"She's a tough bitch, reminds me of you." Griffon said.

"I am going to take that as a compliment." V said, in his usual demeanor.

"Let's go check on the kid." Said Griffon, "Come on, kitty." As he flew to scout ahead.

The panther did not protest as it became a black slime and V got his frail body on it, headed towards Nero, who is currently fighting the demon known as Goliath.

A month ago, Nero had squared off against Urizen, which had defeated him, Dante, Trish and Lady.

'he's more powerful now, that's not good.'
V said to himself.

As he dragged nero out of the growing tree, and into Morrison's Bullhead.

A few moments later he found himself watching it disappear over the horizon.

"What were you thinking?!" Griffon shouted.

"What?" V asked.

"You couldn't survive on your own, if you hadn't made that contract with me, Why didn't you go with them?"

"Physical Training will only weaken me more, with Dante missing that boy is our first back up plan." He said

"Who's the second?" Griffon questioned.