Chapter 12

When I walked into the prison hall for the second time, the irritating sounds of the prisoners welcomed my ears

When I walked into the prison hall for the second time, the irritating sounds of the prisoners welcomed my ears. I was being escorted to my cell by two police officers who seemed unconcerned about the other prisoners' screams.

I know exactly why they are so upset with me. Since I've spent the last week outside of this hellhole, unlike them.

Ignoring them spitting, yelling, and screaming at me, my eyes do not change from unemotional.

It felt like deja vu, actually, but the only difference is that I cry and beg them to believe that I was innocent before. But that was then; this is now. To some, it would seem like giving up, but not to me.

“Look who's here,” said the man. I raised my eyebrows, preventing myself from scraping his skin off.

“Oh, hello, piece of sh*t,” I smirked and replied coolly. That was probably not what he expected from me. He can't help but stare at me in shock because of this.

"Carlo!” Officer Shang called him abruptly from a distance. Her expression conveys concern about something that makes me grin.

"Nice to see two again," I said, and then I allowed the two police officers to remove my shackle and let me into the cell. I turn around right away to see Carlo and Shang, and their troubled expressions make me feel incredibly powerful.

“Masaya kana? ”I shifted slightly in my position when I heard someone from behind me. I turned around to see Barry seated in her bed corner.

Agad akong tumakbo patungo sa kanya.

“Barry! You're here, ayos kalang ba? Hindi ka naman ba nila sinaktan pagkatapos ng nangyari? ” Sunod-sunod kong tanong.

She looked at me in dismay, and I felt so bad seeing her tears fall.

“Bakit kailangan mo akong idamay, Jam? Ilang taon ko nang tinatakasan, ‘to bakit kinailangan mo pa akong lukohin? ”Napaurong ako sa aking pwesto.

“Barry, I'm sorry that I dragged you here, pero walang mangyayari kung tatakbuhan mo lang ito. In order to claim justice, we have to be here.” She got up and sobbed in her hand before turning back to face me.

“Hindi mo alam ang mga pinagdaanan ko dito, Jam. Ayuko nang bumalik dito! Mas gugustuhin ko nalang magtago habang buhay! ”Tumayo narin ako at sinubukan siyang abutin.

Before the police arrived and heard our noises, she needed to remain composed.

"I'm so sorry, Barry. I know I should have explained my plan to you all, but I know you won't go along with it, and this is the only way I know that you will all be safer. I know that despite everything, you still want justice, and this is where we need to start.”

Saglit siyang sumulyap sa’kin sa kabila ng mga hikbi.

“What do you mean? ”

“Barry, kilala ko at alam ko kung sino ang dapat kong unahin. At hindi ko magagawa iyon ng wala sa sitwasyong ito. Right now, all you have to do is survive, okay? ”