Chapter 3: The beginning after the end Part. 1

Start from the beginning

As if time had stopped the cheery boy's head fell, his blood sprayed the area. Ichinose's clothes were soaked in his blood, for a second the killer lost footing but regained quickly.

'.....Shibata-kun?'

"Ichinose-san, I've never thought of you as someone who disregards other people's final wishes." The man spoke coldly. He picked up the head of Shibata, Throwing it towards the direction of the girl.

"Here, your reward for making it to the finish line before we did. What has been done happened. There's no one that can turn back time after all." The killer spoke with disappointment.

She fell silent.

"What's wrong Ichinose? Is your reward not much? What do you expect me to do? Perhaps are you waiting for my embrace?" The man closed the distance and embraced her lightly. For a few minutes, they stayed in the same position.

Ichinose couldn't process the death of the boy, leaving her disabled for a complete minute. Her thoughts raging, petrified. Trapped in an illusion, disbelief.

Despite being embraced she couldn't feel warmth in his body. She felt like she was being embraced by a metal pole instead, it was empty, cold, and callous. Like she was a fragile glass waiting to be broken.

"GET AWAY FROM ME!" Ichinose pushed the man away, as she pushed him away the mask was removed leaving his face open for the girl to see.

.

.

.

It was an unforgettable experience. The girl was enraged, but when the mask was to show the man beneath it, her eyes dilated, and she screamed in terror. The man she loved emerged from behind the mask, his brown hair moving, his golden eyes sunken, and the stench of blood surrounding his body.

She gave a dramatic shake of her head. She was crouching in terror, descending into a pit of sorrow.

She did, however, manage to utter one word. One name that will determine her destiny.

"A-A-Ayanok-kouji?"

"Hello once more, Ichinose Honami. Now, are you satisfied?" As he glared coldly at her, he said. He spoke in a hushed, distant tone.

Ichinose's fear grew, insecurities started flowing and the pressure was too much for her. She quietly cried while shaking terribly. "...w-wha-why? Why did you-"

"Oh, what's this? Such a pleasant reunion you both have! But I'm afraid I have to cut it short" said the taller man, His eyes glimmered in the darkness. He gave out an aura of superiority and familiarity.

"Come let us part," He said sternly, walking towards another direction. The boy followed but before he took another step, he turned to look at her "Tread carefully, Ichinose-san" he remarked.

This wasn't the man she knew, and she couldn't believe he had been watching and killing her friends. Then she remembered her valued friend's words.

Keep in mind that you never know what he's thinking especially when you're with him.

It was Kanzaki's remarks, and she hadn't paid any attention to them until now. She had no idea what was going to happen. Others were harmed as a result of her judgement, and some died as a result of it.

Shibata died because of her, and her classmates perished because of her. She was fully aware of this, yet she couldn't help but wonder...

Why was she relieved to be alive?

'They put their lives on the line for me. Is it possible that I'm being excessively self-centered?'

'It's wrong, I should have died in place of them, but why? Ayanokouji-kun, why did you hesitate to kill me?' The strawberry girl thought to herself as she rushed as fast as she could, seeking to help in any way so she could atone for her misdeeds.