Chapter - 2

Little Zhan and Yu Xian jumped from the mango tree and started picking the mangoes. They ran towards Yu ZiYi who was waiting for the boys to bring the mangoes so that they can eat at their home.

Yu Xian ran fast but somehow Xiao Zhan drowned in a river that appeared out of nowhere. JiaEr lent his hand "Gege hold my hands and come up". Xiao Zhan looked around but he didn't find Yu Xian and Yu ZiYi.

Xiao Zhan held JiaEr's hand but when xiao-Bo started crying, JiaEr left his hand and ran towards Wang YiBo. Xiao Zhan called for his father and mother.

Luo YiMou gracefully walked towards him and smiled at him. Xiao QiTao ran towards him shouting "ZhanZhan hold on, I'm sorry it's my fault" and picked him out of the water. YiMou slapped her husband and the smile with which she graced Xiao Zhan, was nowhere to be found now.

"Yes, it's all your fault, life would be happier if nothing changes. But because of you, we aren't stable, moving and moving, changing and changing with no end. I don't want to -

The ear-piercing sound of the alarm woke Xiao Zhan up. He woke up drenched with sweat, he almost believed the wetness was because of drowning in the river. He lazily brushed his teeth, showing no enthusiasm.

He also ate with no enthusiasm. "ZhanZhan don't play with chopsticks. Eat soon, JiaEr is waiting for you. Even a kid younger than you is punctual but look at you sitting lazily" YunFei scolded him.

He picked up his bag and rushed towards the door. "Gege, why are you late? We need to run now!" JiaEr held his arm and they started running towards their school. They panted heavily after reaching school.

"Ge, ma asked you to visit us today. The picture will be ready by evening" JiaEr said and went to his classroom, leaving Xiao Zhan no time to respond.

Xiao Zhan spent his class in stupor. He searched Chongqing in his Geography textbook. Chongqing was just a finger distance from Luoyang. But he knows better, it'd take almost half a day to travel there. The map doesn't show the distance but he knew, the distance will cut the ties off his friends, cousins and neighbours.

The past four years were like paradise. He didn't remember his friends Wuhan, he left Wuhan when he was six. His memories of his friends there was a blur. He didn't even remember their names, not even his house there.

His mom said he was born when they were in Changsha and soon after he was two years old, they left Changsha to Wuhan. He spent four years there and again four years here in Luoyang. But he's matured enough now to know the pain of changes.

He needs to get new friends in Chongqing again, he needs to get a new playmate again in Chongqing, everything new. He will soon forget his friends in Luoyang, which he doesn't want to.

'Life would be happier if nothing changes' he remembered the sentence which his Ma said in his dream. He has heard it many times from his mother when they were at JiaEr's home. His mother would complain about the changes to JiaEr's mother.

Even at his age, he feels sorry for the change, so he thinks about his mother, how many times they've changed their house since their parents were married. He decides then, he will never work in a place that requires constant change. He feels comfortable without change.

"Xiao Zhan", his bench mate poked his hand. "What?" he asked him. His bench mate then eyed his staff. Ji laoshi was glaring at him "Xiao Zhan, can you exactly tell me what was I saying now?"

Ji laoshi was his science staff and Xiao Zhan was Ji laoshi's target every time as his scores were very poor in science.

"Sorry laoshi, I didn't listen" Xiao Zhan said truthfully. His friends from the front row laughed at his answer but when Ji laoshi glared at them, they stopped immediately.

"Xiao Zhan, I'm giving you my last warning. If you didn't listen properly, you'll be out of my next class and you should write an imposition on what I thought today. Sit now!"

Xiao Zhan sat with a long face. During the interval, he went to the canteen with Li Yan and Wu Lun. Yan noticed his face and asked why he was in a bad mood.

"Nothing, we're going to move to Chongqing for next academic year. Ba got transferred. I will miss Luoyang and you all. I don't like to go" Xiao Zhan explained.

"ZhanZhan, we have telephones and our parents have mobile phones, we will be connected. Don't worry about that and enjoy the new place and get new friends" Li Yan said to improve his mood.

They went to attend their last class, he saw JiaEr sitting under a tree and doing his homework. He can no longer accompany JiaEr and also, he will miss xiao-Bo and his cheeks.

He sighed again remembering his imposition.

JiaEr was standing in front of his classroom, it's the same every day. They're like brothers, JiaEr would wait for him and he'd pick JiaEr's bag till they reach home. Their routine was the same, even their mothers' routine was the same, they'd wait for them at the Wang's as the Xiao's have to cross the Wang's first to reach their home. When they were at school, their mothers would catch up.

Xiao Zhan's mother would help YunFei to take care of the little guy. YiBo was too much to handle single-handedly. He would pee wherever he crawled, he would spit if he didn't like to eat, he would wail if he didn't get attention. But everyone loved the little one and showered him with attention, which made xiao-Bo happy.

Xiao Zhan wondered what will aunt YunFei do after they move to Chongqing, how will she take care of BoBo, he also wondered if his mother told them about their departure, cause even he wasn't informed directly.

Reaching the Wang's, the little boys threw their bags and rushed to the kitchen as their mothers would give them snacks. YunFei was holding BoBo and Xiao Zhan's mother gave them snacks.

"ZhanZhan, uncle didn't come home yet, so when uncle comes home, I'll handover you the picture" YunFei stated.

"It's okay aunty, you can give me when it's ready but before we leave to Chongqing" Xiao Zhan said looking hopefully at YunFei.

"So, you know" YiMou said with a sigh. "What aunty? Are you going to Chongqing for vacation?" JiaEr asked innocently. Even YiBo rambled as if he was asking the same and started sucking his fingers.

Xiao Zhan took YiBo from YunFei and went out. "Haish! JiaEr, we are going for a long vacation, we will come back here after many years" YiMou explained to him with exaggerated expressions. "So, when we come back here, you'll all be a handsome man and will you take aunty in your motorcycle then?" YiMou asked JiaEr and tapped his nose.

Without really understanding Wang JiaEr happily exclaimed "Of course aunty, when I become big, I'll ride a cool motorcycle and I'll take you all in my motorcycle" and Wang JiaEr continued talking about their future.

Xiao Zhan hearing them from the hall sniggered and narrowed his eyes towards YiBo who sat on his lap and watched Xiao Zhan intently. "What?" Xiao Zhan asked with a fake frown and pinched his cheeks.

Little YiBo laughed and started babbling, still sucking his fingers. Xiao Zhan bit those chubby cheeks and he smiled asking "So xiao-Bo will take me in his motorcycle?" Little YiBo giggled and placed the fingers which he sucked, on Xiao Zhan's cheeks and smeared his drool over Xiao Zhan's face.

××××××