16

Chapter 16 : Kill all those Mary-Sues

001

When Dorm Leader was still schooling in the past, she often borrowed romance novels from the book rental shop in order to pass the time. In the past, there would always be a book rental shop located near every school compound with innumerable romance novels stacked on the shelves. Subsequently, when we entered University, owning a computer became the norm. Thus, Dorm Leader transited to downloading novels from the Internet, and successfully accumulated 2GB worth of txt files in her computer, all kept in a folder called Txt Library.

One day, I accidentally discovered that our Dorm Leader had started writing novels as well! When I asked her why she had started writing novels, she replied, “I left a message on the Internet for an author whose book I was reading, telling her that the second male lead shouldn’t have done what he did. I even offered my input with regard to how the second male lead should be like, how the male and female lead should be like, how their daughter should be like……In the end, the author didn’t appreciate my input, and simply told me to ‘shut up’, and ‘you can you up’. I was so mad, I thought that that’s precisely what I would do – I would ‘up’ for her to see!”

That’s how Dorm Leader embarked on her journey to become a successful Internet novelist. Being such tight knit friends, our entire dorm expressed our full support for her. On the first day she was due to begin drafting the first chapter, our Dorm Leader requested for the entire dorm to pitch in and treat her to an extravagant meal. When we returned to our dorm after the meal, our Dorm Leader bathed changed into a comfortable set of clothes, and sat in front of her computer. The rest of us became extremely quiet, as we were worried about interrupting the author’s thought process.

Before long, we discovered that this fellow was watching variety shows.

Angered, I chided her, “Dorm Leader! I thought you were supposed to be writing your very first chapter?!”

“I’m looking for inspiration, I’ll definitely start writing after I finish watching the first episode.”

Alright then.

After she finished her variety show, she started surfing Internet.

“Dorm Leader! I thought you were supposed to be writing your very first chapter?!”

“I decided to finish spending all the money I have left in my bank account before writing my first chapter – I’m burning my bridges so I have no retreat!”

Alright then.

After she finished shopping online, she crawled onto her bed and prepared to sleep.