Chapter 1211 - 1215

Start from the beginning

Xia Ruya may have become the successor of the Li Family, but she could never change the fact that she used to be the Xia Family’s illegitimate daughter whom they later disowned. Hence, her past could not be overwritten by her current status of successor of the Li Family…

Several people around them burst into laughter and even blatantly began gossiping amongst themselves, clearly disregarding Xia Ruya.

“Miss Du, what do you mean?” Xia Ruya questioned pitifully, feeling extremely awkward. Her face quivered as if she had been treated unfairly.

She had thought about the possible problems that she would face during the gala, though she felt safe because she thought that Lin Yingxin would be able to defend her and she would also be able to save herself some face by showcasing her talent in brewing floral tea.

However, she did not expect to face Du Ruoxin.

Appearing a little taken aback, Du Ruoxin said, “So it turns out you’re that Xia Ruya that I’ve head of. I’m really sorry, I thought you just shared the same name as her.”

Xia Ruya was speechless. How is this an apology? It’s clearly an insult. Since when have I offended Du Ruoxin?

Lin Yingxin had no idea how she should give Xia Ruya an out.

Wen Xinya could not help but take her hat off to Du Ruoxin’s bold words. She was clearly not to be trifled with.

Although the Du Family was no longer as reputable as they used to be, a starving camel was still bigger than a horse. Besides, plenty of people in Capital city had heard of Du Ruoxin, though no one expected her to be so feisty.

She stabbed Xia Ruya and humiliated her even before the banquet began.

Xia Ruya was suddenly extremely embarrassed. She quickly changed the topic by saying, “It’s already past ten. Why hasn’t the gala begun yet?”

Xia Ruya’s words seemed to have snapped everyone back to reality as they hurriedly took a look at the time, only to see that it was 10:10 AM, ten minutes past the supposed time of commencement.

Why was there a delay in the start of the gala?

Chapter 1212: The Owner of Boya Pavilion

Why is there a delay in the start of the gala?

The same question popped up in the heads of all the other ladies present.

Everyone unanimously shifted their gazes onto Wen Xinya, who was the only guest who had shown up late. Since they were all busy chatting with each other, no one took note of the time, and Wen Xinya only showed up three minutes before the start of the gala. Hence, everyone thought that Wen Xinya was late.