Chapter 1206 - 1210

Start from the beginning

She was just trying to say that Ye Feiyu was ignorant and had allowed herself to let Wen Xinya make use of her.

Xia Ruya was an expert at pulling tricks and hence, did not think much of her words. “Since Ye Feiyu is here, Wen Xinya will definitely show up.”

It was already 9:50 AM and all of the heiresses, except Wen Xinya, were present. Although she was certain that Wen Xinya would show up, she was still a little worried because Wen Xinya had always been unpredictable. Hence, they were worried that she would be getting up to some tricks.

Lin Yingxin heaved a sigh of relief and said, “As long as Wen Xinya shows up, our plan will proceed smoothly.”

Xia Ruya put down her teacup and remained silent, smiling.

The temperatures were much cooler in October and hence, Lin Yingxin was freezing because of how revealing her clothes were. Although she had attached a heat pad to her abdomen, she still felt chilly. “By the way, where is Yan Menglu? I remember you told me to invite her to the gala.”

She was not interested in Yan Menglu at all. Although she liked making friends with girls from prestigious families, she felt that Yan Menglu would be of no help to her since her family was only powerful in Harbor City.

She was only concerned with the fact that Yan Menglu wanted to deal with Wen Xinya, just like them.

The mention of Yan Menglu made an icy cold gaze form in Xia Ruya’s eyes. She smiled and said, “She’s feeling unwell, so she won’t be showing up today.”

Ever since she got into a conflict with Wen Xinya in school previously, Yan Menglu seemed to have become a completely different person. She was no longer as haughty or arrogant as she used to be, and instead became much more humble.

Xia Ruya found out that Yan Menglu had been secretly investigating on the Wen Family and Old Mr. Mo.

She only found out what Yan Menglu was thinking from then on. Yan Menglu indeed did not have a strong feud with Wen Xinya, and she only provoked Wen Xinya time and time again because she was jealous that Ji Shihan wanted to take Wen Xinya as her apprentice. Besides, Yan Menglu was a spoiled brat who would not be able to tolerate having anyone disrespect her.

However, she understood that Old Mr. Mo was not to be trifled with and hence, was much more conscientious and decided not to go against Wen Xinya. After all, the Yan Family had plenty of descendants, all of whom were dying to win the favor of their elders. Hence, Yan Menglu decided not to bring trouble for her family since her family would be implicated.

Lin Yingxin smirked and glanced at her. “That’s such a pity. She actually missed such a grand event.”

Both of them knew the reason for Yan Menglu’s absence. Since Xia Ruya decided to make Lin Yingxin feel uncomfortable, she decided to do the same to her.

As the successor of the Li Family, Xia Ruya obviously wouldn’t let the cheap and lowly Lin Yingxin outargue her. Hence, she retorted sarcastically. “Menglu is the princess of her family in Harbor City and she’s the apple of the elders’ eyes. She’s been to all sorts of lavish events. Perhaps, she’s not interested in the Heiress’ Gala. That’s why she decided not to come.”

She was just trying to mock Lin Yingxin for being shallow and superficial. She was also trying to say that Lin Yingxin regarded the Heiress’ Gala highly only because she was lowly and wanted to use the Heiress’ Gala to gain more reputation.

Turing as pale as a sheet, the infuriated Lin Yingxin guffawed and said, “Miss Yan really has high standards. However, the Heiress’ Gala is unique in its own way. You ought to talk her around. After all, Miss Yan has only arrived in Capital city a while ago and doesn’t know much about the city.”