Chapter 5

There is never a time or place for true love. It happens accidentally, in a heartbeat, in a single flashing, throbbing moment.

                     -Sarah Desse
-----

Abbi's POV

I parked in Kaite's driveway I shut the car off and get out of my car. Her house is different since the last time I have been here it is quiter and there are more flowers planted. It's the beginning of spring and the birds are chirping. I begin to walk towards her door while rocks crunch under my feet. I ring the door bell and I wait for someone to come to the door. I looked around while I waited and saw they bought a new patio set the last one was a grey color with green, this one is navy blue and brown it's pretty.

  "Hi Abbi! Come in, come in" She embraced me with a hug, It's been forever since you have came to visit."

   "Yeah I have just been a little caught up with school and everything." I smiled kindly,"is Kaite awake?"

  "You just missed her. Her Dad is taking her to the hospital to get her cast off." She smiled."You can wait with me if you want."

  "Sure I would love to." I walked into her living room and sat on the couch. "So has Matt came to visit Kaite?"

"No, I wish he would have. I like him way better than Daniel." She chuckled to herself," But he called."

  She sounds like a 16 year old girl when she gossips about people.

  "He is really concerned about Kaite. He wants to visit but he doesn't want what happend in the hospital to happen again. He is always talking to me about her and wonder if I have visited her and how she is doing."

  "He was always a nice boy like that. I don't blame him for the car crash he told me everything when he called." She started to fiddle her thumbs,"He said this guy named John was always obsessed with Kaite and he acted like Matt and flirted to a girl. Then took screen shots."

  "Yeah that's what happend. So when is Kaite coming back to school?"

  "In 3 days. She said she wants to go an start school as soon as possible." She smiled," She remembers Matt more now."

  "Really!?" I jumped up with excitement,"What does she remember?"

  "She remembered her first kiss with him and skipping school, I'm not happy about her skipping but I'll let it slide this time, and her riding on his motorcycle." She ran her fingers through her thick hair,"Do you want to help me make cookies?"

  "Sure." I smiled and we got up and walked to the kitchen,"that's great she remembers him."

  "Oh yeah he is the main reason why she wants to go to school in 3 days. She said she wants to go to school after she got the cast off but I said no let's wait a week and she argued with me so we settled on 3 days." She smiled while taking out the flour.

  "This is exciting news. Matt is going to be so happy." I took out the eggs and put them on the counter.
-3 hours pass-

  The cookies are done and cooled off. They are chocolate chip. We sit at the counter and eat some and gossip more about people.

  "So is Kaite going to wear something dressy when she comes back?"

  "Oh yea she has insisted we go shopping to find something for her to wear, you should come with us it will be fun."

  "Okay."

  The front doors open and then close. Kaite's Dad is telling her she needs to take it easy. Kaite sees me and screams like a 7 year old seeing her friend in a store. She hugs me and laughs.

  "You haven't visited me in forever. I could have rolled out of my bed and broke my arm and you wouldn't have known." She joked.

  "Yea I know but I had school to do."

  "Call your Mom and tell her you are sleeping over." She smiled.

  "Okay okay." I took out my phone and text my mom I'm sleeping over at Kaite's tonight then going to the mall with them tomorrow. She texted back K.

-------------------------------
Hope you enjoyed!