"That's uh, really nice. I wish there was something I could've done to help with our situation,"

"Nonsense," Whispered Petra. "You don't have to worry about that, ever."

"Are you sure?"

"Absolutely, you just need to focus on getting through school and I'll take care of everything else,"

"Okay," Beth whispered trying her best to not burn a bright red in front of the woman.

"Great, so do you want me to give you a tour or you'll wander around by yourself?"

"It's fine, I'll manage," answered the blonde.

"I'll be around, unpacking,"

"I can help,"

Petra chuckled walking away. "Don't worry about it, I have everything under control," she said and disappeared inside of the kitchen.

Beth decided to keep her ears peeled just in case the woman would call out to her for help but excitedly she wandered off. To her amusement, Petra had already placed most of the decorations and home accessories out, so Beth felt at home.

Once she wandered about, particularly on the first floor, she noticed another sitting area, it was small but cute. There were a coffee table and books on it, there were soft chairs and vases with obscure patterns, even some paintings sat on the wall and they weren't of family but nature and other abstract art.

There were three rooms that all carried large beds and fancy chandeliers but at the last room, the girl realized it was the master bedroom; it was enormous, carried a king-sized bed, a massive tv on the wall. It smelled like Petra, of spice and mint and the girl smiled. She decided to head back down to check the rest of the place out but in the sitting room, there was something on the table that caught her attention.

An envelope.

The envelope sat there, already torn open and usually Beth wasn't a person to snoop or even go through people's things but it was the waxed stamp on the top that attracted her to the envelope. The curious girl touched it, picking up the letter and scrutinizing the stamp with the tiny wings carved into the blue wax. She read the outside quickly and it was addressed to a Petra Areya.

"Curious?" Petra questioned and the girl jumped. Beth twirled around clutching her chest with wide eyes. She didn't hear Petra approach, she didn't even see the woman. How was she so quiet?

"I'm sorry, I... wasn't snooping, I'm sorry if it seems like I-"

"Snooping, why would I think that? Are you curious?" Petra asked again and the girl glared at the envelope- it wasn't empty.

"I've never seen a stamp like this, it looks somewhat archaic,"

The vampire shrugged. "Take a peek if you're interested then,"

"Oh no, I can't," Beth attempted to place the envelope with the letter onto the table again. "That wouldn't be right,"

"If there was something in there that I didn't want you to see I would never have given you permission, so go ahead, if you're comfortable of course. It will quell your curiosity."

By this time Petra sauntered over to the nice table, she stood away from the girl and Beth quietly observed the thing in her hands and then the woman.

Careful fingers gripped the letter out of the envelope after some seconds, the paper was thick, and the writing was in fancy calligraphy. Quietly Beth read the letter addressed to Petra and the girl was left confused at the end of it.

"You're being requested by a council, why and who are these people?"

"I'm a part of a supernatural society," Petra told the truth. She gazed at Beth unapologetically but seconds later the young woman chuckled.

"Like the freemasons?" Asked Beth, putting the letter away.

"Yes," Petra laughed and because she laughed the girl didn't take her seriously but the woman did speak the truth.

"You got me there," said the girl, relieved to know Petra was merely pulling her leg.

"I know but honestly, those are old fucks and our relationship goes way back,"

"I understand. So are you going to their meeting?"

The vampire grinned. "No, I have no interest in something as tedious as a meeting with dozens of elderly people,"

That was only half the truth, the other half? The reason she was summoned along with, and she was certain, Adira and her smelly revenants and her new boo, was because Petra started the whole conflict among them. But she wasn't going to reveal that to the girl just yet.

"Wouldn't they be angry, would you be sanctioned? It seems like they were serious because they did mention there being consequences,"

"What will they do, tell my mother? Spank me?" The woman questioned and the mentions of the work spank' made Beth blush and a revelation appeared, one the woman was stranger to, one that was amusing.

So the young girl liked those sorts of things she thought. Crossing her legs, leaning back into the chair, Petra observed Beth, her eyes were to the floor and at her sudden change of mood, the vampire realized she did her best to hide her growing arousal. It amused her, awakened thoughts she was burying until later. Such a little freak the woman thought, chuckling to herself. She got up from the table, retrieving the letter from the table and tossing it in the garbage.