"I was busy washing the dishes and cleaning the bar so it looked nice for the customers when I saw them come in, the vampires. One of the revenants in charge of us, Duke, I think his name was asked them to leave, he was polite,"

"Polite?" Adira arched a brow. She saw past the lie. None of her revenants was polite and even she knew that.

"Well, technically he was, polite enough for vampires," answered the young man never taking his eyes away from the queen. He'd only seen her a few times since she brought him back and each time he was enamoured of her beauty; she was breathtaking but austere and domineering and one often forgot her beauty but instead recognized and admired her frightening authority.

Taking a sip from the tea, the revenant was glad it had a pleasant taste, it made it easier to go down.

"After he told them to leave, the one leading the rebels broke a bottle against the back of Duke's head and I would say that's how it started."

Oliver turned his attention to Colette who was meticulously observing him.

"They moved fast, breaking all the lights in the room, there was darkness, we couldn't see much but then they lit the bar on fire. They locked the door so no one could get out from the front, they trapped everyone. There were four humans in there too and I saw them drink their blood, twisting their necks the way one would a chicken getting ready to be cooked. I managed to escape through the back but someone approached me."

"Did anyone else survive?" Asked Adira.

It was obvious she bit back her anger because now both people in the room saw the way her usually pleasant face was darker, hooded by hate. Her amber eyes appeared glossy and red and too focused on the floor.

"There was no way that could've happened, your majesty, if they hadn't succumbed to their injuries, the fire certainly killed them."

Adira stood up, she paced the room quietly, scratching her chin while a hand hooked on her waist.

"Did you see the face of the person that led the rebels? Did you at least see any of their faces?"

"Yes, I remember one distinctly: he was tall, and his hair was up in a bun and both sides of his head was shaved in a pattern, he seemed important because he did all the talking for them. Whenever he smiled, which was a lot it sparkled like there were diamonds in there."

Adira paused, she glared at the young revenant and Oliver felt like he should proceed with caution after that look.

"Did this man have an accent, and behaved pompously? Was his eyes the colour of rubies?"

"Yes your majesty, you know him?"

Her jaw flexed incessantly due to baring down on her teeth. She should've known Edas would be the one to lead the rebels into exacting revenge, there was no other but him who would do such a stupid thing.

Colette observed the woman with concern and with a glance her way, Adira disclosed her thoughts.

"It's Petra's friend, Edas the man that came for her, the man who tried to rush to you in the foyer that morning,"

"Really?"

The queen nodded.

"He said something about the vampire that died being his friend," Added Oliver. "He was really upset,"

Adira sighed heavily. "This is why I asked my revenants to remain calm and not act on impulse, now look, it's gotten to the point where they want to match every act committed,"

"Adira, I'm sorry but even if they wanted to do that, killing dozens seem a bit excessive to me," Colette responded. She went over to the woman offering her comfort. She placed a hand on the queen's arm, feeling her relax temporarily but that window where she saw her troubles dissipate vanished, the woman locked herself behind the fortified walls of her mind, burning the tower bridge meant to allow anyone to cross over.