Fantasy Fiction Story

Fandom: none

Characters:

Farah Stewart:
Species: ???
Power: ???
Looks: Plain looking, brown hair, brown eyes.
Interests: Painting, drawing, Charles Wessex, and a strange obsession with the phoenix
Personality traits: She tries to be kind, but can be awfully blunt. She seems rude and cold, on purpose, so she doesn’t get attached to anybody.
Trauma: She grew up on the streets and had to learn to fend for herself. The
only person she considered to be family, was ruined by her power.
Goals: she just wants to live past the age of 20, after that she doesn’t care and
doesn't know.

Charles Wessex (Orange):
Species: Nymph
Power: born without one, but oddly smells like oranges
Looks: His skin is a light orange color and his hair is a bright green. His eyes
are blue.
Interests: Cooking, baking, Farah Stewart, and climbing trees.
Personality traits: Too kind for his own good, empathetic, he likes to make
jokes a lot.
Trauma: Was bullied for most of his life for not having power.
Goals: Wants to own a bakery, wants to protect Farah from making big
mistakes.

Freephire:
Species: Dragon
Power: Used to have green flames, went away when he was turned tiny.
Looks: Tiny black dragon with highlights of green.
Interests: He likes to play around in the water (he won't admit it), flying as
high as he can, and mostly just lazing around.
Personality: Lazy, doesn’t like work, Rembrandt of the past.
Trauma: None really, but he does like to look back to when he used to be huge
and was able to destroy whole cities.
Goals: wants to be giant again.

I run out of the Tavern as fast as I can, dodging the people walking around in the roads. I swerve around the market stalls taking a quick apple with me. Behind me, I hear a voice telling me to stop and another telling me to never come back again. I can hear Orange, right in the back of my head, calling me an idiot. And Orange is right, I am an Idiot. This is the 5th time this month that I’ve run out of a perfectly good job. That doesn’t mean that I’m going to say that straight to his face though. What I don’t say, he doesn't know. That way, there is less to talk about the situation. The situation which I probably should be paying attention to right now.

I swerve down into an alleyway, hoping to lose the troll following me. No luck. He catches on and follows me. Purpleberries. It’s not my fault, the guy is incompetent.

“Stop running, you stupid human!” he yells out to me. Wow, first of all, rude, second of all, that’s not a very good comeback, third of all, this again? I thought we already established the fact that he was the stupid one here. C’mon, get more creative with your insults dude! “Ugh, well, I know what I'm voting for Friday.” He says slowing down. I pause at that. Do the griffins really think that they could keep us out of this city? There’s no work elsewhere. Are they just going to let us starve? What about labor? Everyone in this town has become too lazy having humans do everything for them. Would they really get rid of us?

The Idea has been around for a while, and it never gained much popularity, due to much of the workforce being us. But recently, It has been gaining more popularity. The rest of the species are getting tired of us. The first official vote will be on Friday, where everyone but the humans will vote to see if we get to stay in the city. I never really thought it would go through. But from the comments I’ve been getting, It quite possibly will happen. Which will make surviving hard.

The troll follows me a few more streets until I get to the one that I was looking for. I duck into a doorway, on the left side of a small alleyway. The troll walks down it looking for me, but his luck has run out. I almost giggle. He turns back around mumbling something about ‘Stupid Human’ and ‘Cleaning the stain of his pants’. Once he’s gone I break out in a laugh. Loud enough for me, quiet enough to not get in trouble. I stop when I feel an arm on my soldier. Orange.