Part 16

*Third person's pov*

Sebastian genuinely didn't understand what he did wrong. If there was a person who would get these kinds of jokes it would be Alena. He was considering going over to her place but he remembered Elizabeth and Scarlett said they would check on her.

He still made a mental note to talk to her about this later though.

His train of thoughts are interrupted by his phone ringing and when he checks he sees that Chris is calling him.

"Hi Chris." he sighs into the phone.

"Judging by your tone you finally realized how much you messed up." comes the reply from Evans.

"To be completely honest no, I don't get what the whole drama is about. Lena has the weirdest sense of humor and we crack jokes like this all the time."

"You can be seriously dumb sometimes Seb. She's probably pretty conflicted about her feelings. Really, it's obvious to everybody but you apparently." Chris shakes his head on the other end of the line.

"I hate that she's mad at me though." Sebastian hums.

"Of course she's mad at you. You basically bragged about sleeping with her like it was nothing. I know she said she doesn't want to talk about it but women are weird like that, man. You have to talk to her about it because she doesn't know what to think. She's scared it might have ruined your friendship." Chris explains as best as he can.

Once Sebastian finally puts the pieces together he feels guilt washing over him in full force. The last thing he wanted was to hurt the woman who plagued his thoughts recently.

"How the hell did you figure this all out all by yourself?" Sebastian asks in pure confusion.

"Dude Lizzie's with me all the time. You don't think I overhear their hours long phone calls?" he cackles.

"I feel like shit right now. I never intended to hurt her but she's so fucking complicated Chris. One minute we're like best buds and the next she bats her lashes at me and I completely lose my mind." Sebastian runs a hand through his hair in frustration.

"Have you ever considered the fact that you might have caught feelings for her?"

"Hell no. No, i can't. She clearly declared that she's not one for relationships. We both know it would never work and I'd just end up losing her entirely."

"Are you trying to convince me or yourself? Chris challenges.

"This is not funny Chris. I fucked up big time. I'll have to distract myself from this shit and figure out how to be just her best friend. It's better than nothing after all."

"I'm sorry, it's just weird hearing you like this." Chris admits. "But I don't think that's such a good idea. You're playing a dangerous game if you're trying to back out now. You need to man up and apologize first of all, then you need to handle the consequences of your previous decisions."

"This is such a fucking mess." Seb pinches the bridge of his nose, feeling helpless about the situation. "I'll talk to her later. Let's pray she'll forgive me and I didn't just lose my best friend like this."

"She'll come around Seb. Lena cares about you a lot, you know."

"You don't have to say that to make me feel better."

"It wasn't my intention but take it as you will. Sorry but I gotta go, try to pull your shit together."

"I'll try. Thank you Chris. Seriously."

"Anytime man."

Sebastian lets out a deep sigh after ending the call with Chris and flops down on his couch, burying his face in his hands.

Memories are flashing through his mind about the time not too long ago, when Alena laid beside him on this same piece of furniture. Things were so much easier in the beginning, before he started to feel these conflicting emotions about the pink haired girl.

He knew she only saw him as her best friend.

So he decided that he'll be just that and nothing more.