The Beat Goes On

Audrey's POV

"Hey. Here's another sack." Schwoz dragged a big sack to the couch. Currently, we were answering fan mail in the Man Cave and it was super entertaining and I was very grateful.

"No way." Charlotte responded. "More fan mail?"

"Yeah." Schwoz nodded. "Captain Man and Kid Danger and Quick Shot are very popular in this town."

My dad walked in the room. "Schwoz. I found another one of your diseased eggs in my tanning bed." My dad held up an egg.

"He's not diseased..." Schwoz objected. "Yet."

"What are you guys talking about?" Charlotte questioned.

"Schwoz gets his jollies by blasting eggs with all kinds of weird radiation so we can see what happens when they hatch." My dad explained.

"It's fun to create mutants." Schwoz protested.

"Yeah. Must've been real fun for your mom." My dad joked. "Ooh."

I started to laugh silently.

"Hey!" Schwoz yelled and my dad tossed the egg to him.

"I want that egg off this property." My dad demanded.

"Hey, you guys." Henry came out of the secret room. "Somebody left this can of whipped cream in the weapons room."

Schwoz ran over to Henry and took the whipped cream. "Be careful with this!"

"Why?" Henry and I asked.

"I show you." Schwoz turned to my dad. "Hey, Ray."

"Yeah, what's up?" My dad looked up from a letter.

Schwoz started to blast my dad with the whipped cream. I covered my mouth and started to laugh with Henry and Schwoz.

"Ding dang it, Schwoz!" My dad yelled with his shirt being ripped up.

"Relax, you're indestructible." I reminded.

"Yeah, well my shirt wasn't!" My dad argued.

Henry's phone went off.

Henry pulled out his phone. "Oh man, I'm late for dinner. I got to go home."

"Wait, Henry." Schwoz ran after Henry. "Do me a favor. Take this egg to your house." Schwoz handed Henry the egg that my dad gave Schwoz.

The egg started gurgling.

Henry looked at it weirdly. "This egg makes me nervous."

"Just take it to your backyard and lay it in a boosh." Schwoz told Henry.

"All right. I'll put it in the boosh." Henry mocked and walked towards the elevator.

"Hey guys, look!" Charlotte opened up a box. "One of your fans send you guys a birthday cake!"

"Woah!" I stood behind Charlotte, looking at the cake.