"Asthma, Epilepsy! What odd words. How do you know for sure?"

"There was a time, I heard a rumour of an Original posing as a doctor. I searched hospitals to confirm said rumours. When I found no evidence of an Original. I simply acquired a doctor. Who was compelled of, of course. Asthma is what they described for your breathing issues. A long condition you suffered from a whistling sound when breathing (wheezing). Shortness of breath and coughing." Mikael explained.

"Is that why mama wouldn't let me play some games with the other children like chase?" Henrik asked. "And why mama used to put me to bed early and not let me go outside during winter?" Henrik questioned. The Original nodded his head.

"Yes, little one."

"What about Epi...Epilepsy?" 

"The doctor explained it is a condition that temporarily affects how the brain works. It can cause a wide range of different symptoms. When I described what often happened to you and your uncle. He suspected that you had two different types of seizures. The first Absence seizures, you would sometimes stare blankly into space often look like you were daydreaming and your eyes fluttered. The second type was Complex partial (focal) seizures,  you couldn't respond to anyone during this seizure and would not remember having them." Mikael explained. Could Henrik get more unlucky he asked himself? Although, he guessed it was good to finally, know what caused all of this.

"My uncle Henrik. How did he pass?" Henrik asked.

"The doctor couldn't be certain since he couldn't examine my brother's body. And he would have had to see the two of you in person to test you. One morning, Freya asked our little sister Rebekah to wake him. But he died in his sleep at seven. I can never be sure if he did die from a seizure..." Mikael answered, there were no tears shed from the Original and why should there be? His brother had died long before his children were born. Crying wouldn't accomplish anything.

"I'm sorry, but I guess now I know why, I stayed in your and mama's quarters and never slept in my siblings quarters. You didn't want to lose me, the same way you lost him." Henrik replied.

The conversation ended there and the boy continued to watch the cartoon with the eldest Original. Henrik let out the odd chuckle here and there at some of the antics Scooby and his friends got up to. 

"Why were you so mean to Klaus growing up?" Henrik questioned.

"I wasn't mean to Nicklaus during his childhood," Mikael responded.

"You beat him." Henrik pointed out.

"As I did the others. Apart from you and Rebekah. It's discipline." Mikael reminded the boy.

"But not as brutal papa."

"I did what I had to do. Your grandfather did the same to my siblings as I did to Nicklaus. He knew how to raise warriors. Nicklaus had no drive or ambition as a child. He never committed himself, he was distracted with his art." Mikael said.

"I wouldn't call his art a distraction more so a passion. And there a difference between wanting to raise someone as a warrior. Then being cruel, you could have found other ways to encourage him to commit himself to his study. Besides even if it did take him a while to learn how to fight with a weapon. He has got the mind of a warrior." Henrik responded.

"Perhaps, he has the mind of a warrior an adequate warrior." 

"Pa, you can't hate Klaus for what happened to me," Henrik told his father.

"It's his fault that we had to put you in an early grave," Mikael replied, there was nothing that could be said to change his mind.

"No, it isn't it was my choice to follow him." Henrik insisted.

"The moment he caught sight of you, he should have brought you back. He shouldn't have left in the first place." Mikael said the Original would shout and had shouted for less. But for once, he is able to show self-control.

"He did try and bring me back. But he was wounded before we even got to the wolves." Henrik explained.

"He was in perfect condition that morning."

"Morning pa not night. When he caught me, he tried taking me home. But I used an ancient Viking fighting technique against him." Henrik told Mikael.

"You used a Viking fighting technique against Nicklaus." Mikael frowned, that wasn't possible the boy wasn't trained in fighting.

"Well, Viking fighting technique might be an exaggeration. I kicked him in the balls three times. So, he wasn't at full strength. The first two were perfect aim the last one good luck." Henrik said.

"Now that is the best thing, I've heard all day." Mikael chuckled.

"Pa can you pass me, the notepad and pencil please?" Henrik requested. Mikael nodded before he fetched a notepad and pencil. Henrik wrote something down on the notepad and then passed the notepad to the Original. 

"A gift from a son to a father," Henrik said.

"Dowager Fauline cottage, what gift could possibly be there?" Mikael asked.

"Can't ruin the surprise, just promise me. You'll go there and retrieve the coffin on that day. And get ready because well, I don't want anyone of you to get hurt. I'm tired, I'm going to sleep for a little while. Wake me up when mama gets back."

Author's Note: I know it was never confirmed if Mikael had any siblings. But hey you can dream with fanfiction. And besides, it can be common for parents to have more than three-four kids. Also, they didn't exactly have protection back a thousand years ago. If you want to find out more about Epilepsy or Asthma, you can learn more on their official websites. Wasn't sure if this was too long or too short.