Mikael & Henrik.

Whoever decided to invent the TV deserved some great reward. Not that Henrik could imagine a suitable reward. Mikael personally didn't see the appeal to most things shown on TV. The most tolerable programs. He could find were sports channels.

Even then, he had to fight the urge not to roll his eyes or scoff. At how fragile these 'athletes' are. Some got substituted or sent off for the littlest of reasons or injuries.

Watching live sports made it clear in Mikael's mind that parents have grown softer when it came to raising their children. He would be embarrassed. If he were to find out any of his sons were taken down so easily in a game.

There no room for second best in his eyes. And to the Original, he was always right. Not that Henrik ever had to worry about that. Much to everyone's surprise before the family was turned into vampires. Mikael had been gentle with the boy.

Dared to even show affection openly. That confused everyone. Henrik didn't like to question it back then. Besides according to the women of their town back a thousand years ago. Children should be seen and not heard.

He couldn't see what Henrik saw amusing and interesting about four adolescent teens and a talking Great Dane solving mysteries. But if it made Henrik happy and temporarily distract him from his pain. He could tolerate it. 

"Papa. Why do you treat me differently compared to the others? I remember you criticising Rebekah for not behaving in a way a young woman should act. But you never treated my brothers in the same manner as you treated me." Henrik asked speaking up, after a long period of no talking.

"I was one of seven," Mikael said, "Five girls and three boys."

"Oh. I thought you were an only child papa."

"I was a sentimental old fool back then. The harlot..." Mikael started.

"Papa." Henrik interrupted, he could do without his parents disrespecting each other behind each other's back.

"Your mother never put much thought into names. She only named Finn and Nicklaus. Finn after..." Mikael resumed explaining.

"Grandfather. Mama's father." Henrik interrupted again.

"I should have drilled into not to interrupt your father," Mikael commented.

"Sorry," The boy apologised. 

"Now where was I? Nicklaus' name, I have no idea. Perhaps, it was a name that her beast was fond of. I was the second eldest out of my siblings. I had a twin sister called Freya. It was our responsibility to look after our sisters and brothers because our father grew sick and died and our mother passed shortly after delivering my youngest sibling. Henrik."

"What were they like?" Henrik asked.

"Freya was at most would expect her to be maternal, compassionate. Loyal to a fault and had a terrible temper." Mikael recalled.

"And Uncle Henrik. What about him?" Henrik asked.

"He was a peculiar boy, he would have been a useless warrior. No hand coordination, He could eat a whole pig to himself and not put on anything. He got lost easily and rather sensitive. He was also a sickly boy." Mikael said.

"What happened to them?"

"Freya and Rebekah died in childbirth in other villages. My other sisters were taken by a plague. As for your other uncle, he died in battle. You and your uncle Henrik. Shared the same illnesses. Across my long life, humans have made many advancements in medicine and how the body works. If you and him were to be examined by a doctor today. I suspect they would diagnose you with Asthma and Epilepsy." Mikael explained.