Rebekah & Henrik.

The two brothers return to the Compound, Henrik was limping as he walked. Henrik couldn't see anyone downstairs and in all honestly, he was relieved. He couldn't handle their fussing right now. Just a couple of seconds later Rebekah walked out of the kitchen and caught a glimpse of them. It barely took a millisecond for Rebekah's head to register that her baby brother was wounded.

"KOL! You're a bloody fool." Rebekah shouted, she stopped walking and ran to her two brothers.

"Don't take off my head becks," Kol responded. He didn't need his little sister lecturing him.

"I ought to take more than just your head off. What were you thinking about leaving the compound with Henrik? When he's injured."

"I asked him to leave with me." Henrik spoke-up.

"If Henrik asked you to get him a bottle of bleach to down would you have got it for him?" Rebekah snapped at the Original.

"Of, course, not Rebekah. I'm not an idiot." Kol responded.

"Your previous actions state otherwise brother. When did this happen?" Rebekah asked.

"A minute or two, after I left Klaus." Henrik answered not making eye contact with Rebekah. He didn't want to confront Rebekah's glare. Sometimes, she could be more intimidating than Elijah and that was an accomplishment. 

"Brother go and tell the others about your act of bloody stupidly," Rebekah said.

"Fine," Henrik sighed he broke away from Kol's grip and started to walk.

"Not you, Henrik. Kol go." Rebekah responded. "You come with me." 

While Kol followed through on his little sister's orders. Rebekah had taken Henrik to his 'room'. The boy's room was in reality a spare room that was barely used. She instructed the boy to stay put. While she looked for a first aid kit. Sure the compound was normally filled with immortals. But they still had one just in case mortal allies/family like Cami needed fixing up and didn't want vampire blood to heal something trivial. 

"Sis," Henrik said when Rebekah returned to the room. The boy was still standing. 

"You should be resting," Rebekah commented.

"I am just not in a conventional way," Henrik responded. 

"Here sit down," Rebekah told the boy. Henrik did as he was told and sat on the edge of the bed.

"Sister."

"What little one?" Rebekah asked.

"Please don't be hard on Kol."

"I'm not being hard on him."

"You spoke to the doppelganger lass more gently. Then you have ever done to Kol." Henrik said. 

"I've never thrown one compliment in Katherine's direction in my entire life," Rebekah replied. 

"Not Katherine. The Mystic Falls doppelganger, Elena."

"I've never cared for that girl," Rebekah said out flat.

"You went on a road trip with her barely a week after his murder with the woman. Who planned and committed his murder with her brother." Henrik pointed out. 

"The circumstances were complicated, Henrik," Rebekah responded.

"You wanted the cure, plain and simple," Henrik said, sure he could get her desperation for wanting to regain her mortality just so she could have children of her own and grow old. She always had a maternal streak while growing up at least towards Henrik. 

"Brother, the world has changed a lot since your absence as have we," Rebekah replied.

"Yet you still love Elijah and Klaus. But not our other brothers." 

"I do love Finn and Kol it's j..." Rebekah started. 

"Not as much as you love our other brothers. You walked through fire for them. Kol and Finn would be lucky if you break a nail for them." Henrik interrupted. 

"Kol had you growing up. Finn kept himself to himself."

"The five of you fled from father after becoming vampires. They could have stayed in the village or stand by father. But they didn't all the two ever wanted was for someone to love them as much as they loved someone else. And for someone to put their needs first. Yet time and time again. They get hurt and betrayed by their own. You can't expect the two to be loyal to you, Elijah and Klaus. When you've never been loyal to them." Henrik explained.

"We made a vow a long time ago," Rebekah told Henrik.

"One that you have all broken time and time again. Klaus has never been punished for betraying his own. He is more compassionate with you and Elijah than our brothers. If you all truly cared about one another. You lay that vow to rest and allow one another to finally live for themselves." Henrik responded.

"Somethings are sometimes easier said than done."

"So you and Marcel. Quite the interesting pair bit concerning that you're shacked up with Klaus' kind of adoptive son. But I guess our family has never been normal." Henrik commented.

"A point that has been brought up many times baby brother," Rebekah said.

"If you do get around to have a couple of kids. Might be nice to have them have my name as a middle name." Henrik replied.

"Nicklaus has already called dibs, I'm afraid little brother. Might have to fight him for that right."

"Fair enough, I think I can take him," Henrik told Rebekah.

"Nicklaus could be drugged with nine litres of wolfsbane and vervain.  And have Papa Tunde's blade in his chest and he'll still beat you." Rebekah joked.

"HEY! You could at least lie to me and tell me, I have a shot." Henrik pouted. 

"I'm going to go with mother to check the graves in the witch cemetery."

"Rebekah, we might not have a lot of time left. Can't mama just go?" Henrik asked.  

"I'm afraid not little one," Rebekah answered.

"When will you be back?" Henrik questioned.

"Soon," Rebekah answered before she left the room.

Author's Note: Sorry the update has been forever. I had writer's block so I decided to watch a few Rebekah centric episodes.