Chapter 4

Hound dog had helped Shinsou carry the boxes full of his stuff from the Gen-Ed dorms to the hero ones. There were only a few - most of Shinsou's things were back at home. His new dorm was bigger than his previous one; it had a larger bed, a television that wasn't fifty years old, a balcony and a private bathroom. Thank the lord. I could not go any longer in a communal bathroom. He spent a few hours organising his clothes in his wardrobe, from lightest shade of grey to darkest shade of black, and that one purple hoodie that his aunt had given him. He attempted to stick up an All Might poster next to his desk, but after the one hundredth time it fell down, he just gave up. His room was set out similar to the layout he had at his mum's apartment, with the wardrobe in the back corner, the desk along the left wall, the bed opposite from that, a bookshelf on the back wall and a pile of his weights tucked in the corner. The room was pretty drab, though, with custard walls, blue curtains and a brown carpet. Not really Shinsou's style, but he couldn't be bothered to change it. He flopped back onto his new, and surprisingly comfortable bed, and took out his phone, flicking through his apps.

Mum <3

hey baby! how was your hero training? X

Me

It was good. Everyone's really nice. I didn't win the training exercise, but I was close.

Mum <3

that's amazing hito! i'll let you spend some time with your friends then! i'll text you tomorrow! love you lots <3

Me

Love you too, Mum.

Shinsou didn't like lying to his mother, but he didn't want to worry her more than necessary. She would definitely be disappointed if he told her that he was more or less avoiding his new classmates.

Auntie 😎

How was school???? If anyones giving you a hard time your favourite aunt will come and beat them up for you 💪

Me

It was good. I don't think that's necessary, but thanks anyway. Also, you're my only aunt.

Auntie 😎

(っ °Д °;)っ Hitoshiiii!!! thats not nice :( Ahhh my boss is calling me, the old bat! ill text you later mkay ^_^

Shinsou opened up social media, seeing a few new posts from Ryukyu and Mt. Lady, that he skipped in favour of some cute cat videos. His mother and aunt were the closest people to him, and he loved them to bits, but they could be a bit overbearing sometimes. A few years ago, his aunt had quit her job in China to move in with them, after Shinsou's father had finally packed up and left; she had wanted to quickly find a new job to support them, but no one was keen to hire someone with a brainwashing quirk. Luckily, around 10 months ago, his aunt had finally found work as an accountant. Despite obviously loving her job, she was always complaining about her manager. Before that, she had been quickly burning through their deceased grandparents money. Thanks Gran and Gramps. I'm glad you were rich.

A knock on the floor jolted Shinsou out of his thoughts, causing him to drop his phone on his face.

Rubbing his nose, he got up and made his way to the door, it was probably just someone from Gen-Ed dropping off something he forgot, "That hurt so fucking mu-, Jiro? What are you doing here? Do you need something?" To say he was surprised was an understatement, he'd only had one conversation with Jiro before, so why was she visiting him?

"Not really, but I do have a message from Aizawa-Sensei to relay to you. Can I come in?" She was wearing a purple jacket with a guitar t-shirt underneath, and some ripped skinny jeans. Shinsou thought her style was quite cool, that outfit was definitely close to something he would wear.