Chapter 2

Whoa was the first word that entered Shinsou's mind as he took his seat in his new classroom.

It was the first day back after the holidays and Shinsou hadn't slept at all last night, full of adrenaline and nerves for the day ahead. It's not like I get more than a couple hours sleep on a good night, anyway. He was the first one to arrive, and he had only met two other people on his journey from the Gen-Ed dorms to Class 1-A. Sensei, as Eraserhead has asked him to call him, had told Shinsou that they would be moving his things to Heights Alliance, where the rest of his new class lived, after school today. Fun. Placing his bag on the desk that Sensei had pointed out for him on his unofficial tour the day before, Shinsou placed his subject books and purple pencil case down neatly, before pulling out the chair and sitting down gently, not wanting to disturb the peace of the quiet classroom. He closed his eyes, just enjoying the tranquillity of the moment, his dream was finally beginning. He was pulled out of his musings by quick and somewhat heavy footsteps approaching the classroom. Cracking open one eyelid slowly, he witnessed the entrance of one of the most stiff human beings in existence. Is it a robot? Is it a cyborg? No, it's the class rep! Shinsou recognised him from the sports festival, he had placed in fourth. Or was it third? The boy had closed the classroom door and made his way to a desk in the centre of the class, and had gone about placing down his school equipment in a neat 90 degree angle design. Shinsou wondered if the boy had seen him, and was ignoring him, or was completely oblivious to his presence. Might as well not make this anymore awkward than it has to be.

Shinsou cleared his throat, the noise seeming weirdly loud in the classroom.

Spinning around, the boy said loudly, "Whoever is here, please show yourself!" punctuating his sentence with robotic arm movements. Shinsou just raised an eyebrow, did the guy think that there was some sort of ghost problem in the class? Robo-boy's cheekbones flushed on seeing him, he had obviously thought that he had been alone. "Ah," The boy said, slightly quieter this time, "Good Morning! I'm sorry I didn't see you there! What brings you to our humble classroom today? I am Tenya Iida, the Class Representative, if you need any help, I am more than happy to assist you!" Wow this dude's really uptight, isn't he?

"I'm all good, actually. I'm the new student? Shinsou Hitoshi? Didn't Aizawa-Sensei mention that I would be in class?"

"No he did not! But I am sure he had his reasons! It is wonderful to meet you, I hope you will be free to attend to some class bonding over the week, so we can work better together as both classmates and heroes! It was a shock to hear Kouda had changed courses! You are from the General Education division, or are you not?"

"Ummm, it's nice to meet you too? And yes, I am. Or I was." Scrunching his brow, he continued, "Are you always this uptight, or is it just around strangers?"

Shinsou had never had a problem speaking his mind, but that was only when people actually talked to him, which wasn't often. However, Shinsou realised that that sentence would probably come off as offensive in the bored drawl he had said it in, and had immediate regrets. Ah shit, I've already messed up the first social interaction. Fuck me, seriously.

Iida adjusted his glasses on his face, pushing them further back so the sunlight reflected off them like they did in anime. "I hope I did not give you that impression" Each word came with a robotic arm movement that made a whooshing sound, it was very distracting. " I try to treat everyone with fairness and democracy! I sincerely apologise!" Iida then went down into the steepest bow he had ever seen before, the guys face was basically touching the floor! Seriously, what the actual fuck?

They were interrupted by the door opening again. Shinsou internally apologised for whoever was going to get the sight of their class rep's ass in the air. From what he could see, it was an elegant looking girl with a very high ponytail. How come her scalp hasn't fallen off yet? He cast a forlorn gaze up to his own hair, it never seemed to stay in any style apart from a vertical wave on top of his head, even brushing it was hard. The girl's eyebrows had furrowed and she looked extremely confused, and Shinsou couldn't blame her.