ૢ ‧₊˚ೃ⁀➷┃𝐮𝐧𝐟𝐚𝐢𝐫

𝐮𝐧𝐟𝐚𝐢𝐫 ❞
﹋﹋﹋﹋﹋﹋﹋﹋

𝐮𝐧𝐟𝐚𝐢𝐫 ❞﹋﹋﹋﹋﹋﹋﹋﹋

.⃗. 💌 •̩̩͙⁺ 𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐅𝐈𝐕𝐄 ⤾·˚ ༘ ◡̈

A FEW DATS LATER, THRONGS of starved refugees were put to plough in the wastelands as a last-ditch effort to raise food. But the cold, hard ground yielding nothing. And the following year, 846, the remaining refugees old enough to serve in the military were tasked with reclaiming Wall Maria.

Of the 250000 sent, nearly twenty percent of the surviving population, not even two hundred made it back. While it did nothing to drive back the Titans, their sacrifice did at least lessen the effects of famine within the Interior.

And only then, the L/N girl realized to the full extent how unreliable, unprepared and useless the government truly was. It was sickening for her, they really didn't care what happened to the people -as if they weren't their own.

Since a young age, Y/Ns caretakers made sure she knew how their world basically worked. She was a bright child and there was no use in hiding the truth. The truth, that the government –or the King and his advisors in particularly– didn't care about any of them. She couldn't trust, much less depend, on them.

She could only stand there and watch how Armin bid his grandfather goodbye, for most probably the last time. And even now, she could also only stand there, with hands balled in frustration and her head casted downwards as tears streamed down Armins face.

She wanted to help him, to pacify him and give him the world -because she was certain he deserved it all. He deserved everything good in the world -he deserved heaven and earth.

Because he was her angel.

He was there, when no one else was. He was that light at the end of the tunnel that she couldn't reach -and because of that, he reached out for her. When she was too weak to come forward -to him- he came towards her and took her into his arms.

He never expected anything from her, he didn't ask her to talk or explain anything. And he didn't ask, when she grabbed tightly onto his shirt when he was about to stand up, or when she suddenly sobbed her heart out at his chest -or when she came out of nowhere and nuzzled into his arm.

He never asked, he was simply there.

And despite the fact that he gave her everything she could ask for in this kind of situation -it was also frustrating. While he comforted her, he never felt the need to at least show how much all this took a toll on him -aside from his rarely visible anxiety.