"Today's the day, you get to see Zuko and Iroh again." You smiled against her neck, already having your freakout last night.

"I'm so excited!" You answered back, before starting to wiggle out of her death-grip.

"What do you think you're doing?" She asked, a joking tone in her voice. You knew she was serious, and that she took your cuddle sessions very seriously. You thought back to that time a guard had stumbled upon you and Azula in your shared cabin shortly after you had started the trip. She had detangled herself from you without a word, and dragged that poor guard out into the hall and yell at him.

"I have to look good for them, this is the first time I'll be seeing them in years!"

"Love, you always look good. Actually- not good. You always look absolutely perfect." You blushed and turned away as you finally wiggled out of her grip and stood up.

"We only have an hour until we get to the port!" You yelled at her, before going over to pick out your outfit. She got up behind you and wrapped her arms around you, resting her head on your shoulder.

"Wear that," She nodded to a simple red tunic, and black pants. "I'll even give you some of my gold jewelry to wear." You spun around in her arms.

"Really?"

She gave you one of your smiles. "Of course you can. Anything of mine is yours." You smiled back before heading to the bathroom to change and get ready.

When you finally docked, you stood next to Azula and waited for Zuko and Iroh to appear.

"Princess Azula," One of the guards addressed her. Still holding your hand, she turned around and started talking to the man while you started bouncing nervously on your feet, trying to catch a glimpse of them coming over the small hill.

Finally, after what seemed like endless hours of waiting, worrying and wondering, you could see their figures climbing up the path. You squeezed Azula's hand, letting her know they had arrived. She glanced over to you, and you nodded into the direction of uncle and nephew.

Her eyes followed yours, and she gave your hand a reassuring squeeze before letting go.

"y/n?!" Zuko shouted and you smiled, running towards him. He opened his arms and you jumped into them, savoring the moment of having your almost-brother back. He spun you both around a few times and you laughed, before the scarred boy set you down and you went over to Uncle Iroh.

"Uncle Iroh!" You opened your arms wide to fit around his frame, like the tea fanatic he was, you could smell the faint scent of the beverage on him.

"y/n!" He shouted back, with equally as much excitement. You both pulled back and he looked at your face, quite different from all those years ago. "You've grown so much!" He exclaimed, a large smile on his face.

You let go of him and grabbed his hand instead, and started to pull him up the ramp connecting land to boat. His hand slipped out of yours, but you didn't think much of it and kept walking. You reached the top, and stood next to Azula. Her eyes were cast downward, staring at her Uncle and Brother.

She soon noticed you were beside her, and after looking in the direction of her relatives, she put her hand firmly around your waist.

Iroh and Zuko stopped when they noticed how close you and Azula were.

Zuko looked quite odd at seeing this- almost as if he was- jealous? Iroh on the other hand, had this huge giddy smile on his face.

"I called it.." Ha said to himself in a sing-song voice. You laughed before a guard approach Azula again.

"The prisoners chambers are ready, Princess."

Everyone stopped.

Uncle Iroh and Zuko made a break for it, Iroh pushing flames towards the boat. Even though the flames weren't strong enough to really hurt someone, Azula still pushed you out of the way, yelling at you to go back your shared room. You glanced towards the figures of Iroh and Zuko running, and you sighed heavily.

You had a feeling you wouldn't be seeing them again for a while.

When Azula finally returned to your chambers, the first thing she did was groan before collapsing on the bed next to you.

"What's wrong? What happened?" You asked, eager to know what happened to some of your favorite people on the planet.

Azula sighed before laying her head on your chest, and you started to run your fingers through her hair, removing the clip holding it up.

"They escaped." She sighed. You tensed up, you were happy for them of course, but you didn't want to offend Azula. "It's okay. You can be happy for them. I know you weren't excited about this plan in the first place."

"It's fine." You murmured and pulled her closer, feeling your eyes start to drop. She lifted her head off of your chest to look at you. She must have seen something on your face for her lips turned from a look of curiosity to a frown. She glanced towards the window, seeing it was dark outside.

"It's late. Let's just sleep now." You nodded, having already brushed your teeth and such. Azula stood up to to that, and you rolled onto your side. Facing the window. You couldn't see much except for some stars and the ocean waves. You couldn't help but hope that Zuko and Iroh would be looking at the same sky right now.

Azula came back, and laid on her side next you. Wrapping her arm around your waist, she tucked her face into the back of your neck and took a deep breath, calming herself after the days events.

The last thing you heard was a small "I love you," before sleep came over you like waves on the beach.

—-

i really just took that and ran with it, didn't i?

anyways m, THANK YOU ALL SMNFOR 20k WHEN I STARTED THIS I THOUGHT MAYBE TWO PPL WOULD READ IT
I AM SO INCREDIBLY GRATEFUL TO EACH AND EVERY ONE OF YOU TY TY TY TY TY

moving on-
how did you guys feel abt this azula imagine? i know it's a little long, i didn't plan for it to just take over like that. anyways comment and tell me if you would like to see more azula imagines, or maybe even other characters!

again, thank you all sm i am so grateful

have a wonderful day/night!

-mae