Chapter 11

Kenma's POV

"...So, who are you?" I said quietly as I followed the guy. I had no idea who he was, but, I have nowhere else to go.

"My name is Shizusumi. I'm surprised you don't remember me, Kashima." 

"My name isn't Kashima."

"Of course it is." 

"How do you know??"

"You don't even remember anything about me, how would you know your own name?"

"...Um.." 

"Here, come sit." Shizusumi said as he sat on a couch. I looked around before slowly walking over and moving to sit next to him. But I was shocked when he pulled my down onto his lap instead. 

"What's going on?"

"I'm saddened you don't remember me."

"Uh..."

"We were going get married."

"We were???" 

"Yes, we were engaged. But, there was an.. incident, a few days before the wedding." 

"What kind of accident?" 

"Head injury." Shizusumi said. Did I get some kinda injury?? I mean, it'd explain why I don't... remember that. But, that doesn't explain clear memories I have of being... a cat? Could it have been like a weird dream that I imagined? But it couldn't have been. Because I'm not the only one who knew about it, Kuroo knows-...

...

Kuroo...

"Are you okay, Kashima?"

"...I'm not.. Kashima."

"Here, follow me." He said as I slowly got up and followed him up some stairs. I walked into a bedroom with him as he grabbed something from a table and showed it to me.

"You don't even recognize yourself in this photo with me?"

"..No?"

"Well, your hair has seemed to have grown out a lot." He said with a small smile. I tilted my head when he played with the ends of my hair before I gave him back the photo. I don't get any of this.

It doesn't feel like it makes any sense. But.. I.. I wouldn't know what makes sense. So, maybe he's telling the truth? But that still doesn't explain why-

"We should cut your hair again." 

"What?" 

"You always had shorter hair. It seems in the time that I've lost you, it's grown quite long."

"But-"

"Come on, I know how to cut it!" He said with a smile, putting the photo down and grabbing my hand. I widened my eyes and followed him to a bathroom where he grabbed some scissors and put something around my shoulders. 

"What-"

"Hold still!" Shizusumi said with a smile. I had no idea what was going on, but soon I had some hair in my face and heard some snipping. I don't think that I've ever had my hair cut, have I?? 

It wasn't super long, but, soon Shizusumi smiled and removed the towel from around my shoulders. I scratched behind my ears a bit before looking down at the floor where hair was laying.

"It's itchy."

"But you look just as beautiful as you did so long ago."

"Just how long-"

"Take a look!" He said and gestured to the mirror. I stared at my reflection for a few minutes. It looks weird. When I looked back at Shizusumi, he was smiling slightly while staring. I started feeling embarrassed and my face started turning red from the staring.

 I started feeling embarrassed and my face started turning red from the staring

"...Stop staring." 

"I'm sorry Kashima, I've just missed you." Shizusumi said, surprising me greatly when he pulled me closer to him. 

"I told you, I'm not Kashima."

"Oh Kashima, it seems that there's a lot that I need to teach you." 

Mini Time Skip to Later Night: Shizusumi POV

I looked down at Kashima as he slept. Well. Kenma. I know full well who he is. But he's such a perfect match for my fiancé. Once I was sure he was sound asleep, I went to the room in the furthest spot of my home that I kept a lock on.

After I unlocked it and stepped inside, I grabbed the book hidden underneath some flowers. The gem on the cover of it stopped glowing. Perfect, it was unmistakable though that it had done it's job. 

It was quite irritating that I had lost Kenma after the spell worked. Well, I guess you could call it a spell. I don't know what it was. The woman who sold it to me said in simple terms it's a spell. Whatever it was, it worked on Kenma. 

Unfortunately, because it wasn't me who broke that temporary little spell, his memory isn't what it should be. He remembers a little bit of being Kenma. But, seems like he doesn't remember that much of it. Thank goodness for black magic. Shouldn't be too hard to get him to realize who he should be.

After I set the book back in its proper place, I left the room and went back to where Kashima was sleeping. It seems like he still has these habits from his time being a cat. Thanks to that spell, he had been a cat for, maybe, decades.

 He and I both were permitted as many years to live as we needed until I would find him again. But it was supposed to be ME to break the spell, not, whoever has already done it. 

Well, either way, we were back to normal and time, so to speak, has begun to flow for us again. So it's as if we were both still 25. I smiled to myself and climbed into bed, shaking my head to see Kashima all curled up. Yes, he should be very easy to convince. Though I am curious about who ended up breaking the spell in the first place?