:Part One: Chapter Four

Start from the beginning

Mr. Daniels’ brows rose in astonishment, but there was no surprise there. It seemed I’d hit a raw nerve with Elliot too.

“Now that isn’t true,” he said, more serious. Finally, I thought.

I scoffed though, turning to him, but someone else spoke. His own words spoke out form recording. “‘I don’t care about you’”

I gasped in astonishment, my eyes landing on the man who was suddenly not so innocent. “I love technology.”

Elliot hated losing, I knew it. He didn’t like competing either. “Okay, girls,” Mr.Daniels called. “Let’s not gang up on Mr. Dupree. Everyone has their reasons for anything. Besides, Miss. Jenkins, Mr. Dupree’s actions may even insinuate a course of courtship.”

My cheeks reddened and I tried not to glance his way, everyone laughed, giggled or coughed. Elliot, however, rolled his eyes and scoffed.

“No offense, Mr. Daniels, but I think you should keep to teaching,” he advised rather crossly. “Besides, she has no sex appeal, whatsoever.”

“Somebody better hold me back before I smash him into smithereens,” I recognised Meredith’s voice, and glanced back to see her being held back by Mathew. People were definitely surprised by the insult, some even laughing as if it was funny.

I glanced to Elliot, whose features remained cocky and arrogant. I knew right then I was going to enjoy getting my revenge.

I sat up straighter, and smiled to Mr.Daniels. “Mr. Daniels, perhaps you should go on with the class,” I suggested.

He nodded quickly, looking guilty, “Good idea.”

“The last time I got detention, someone ended up with my knee between their ‘you-know-where’,” ‘Ooh’ and ‘hot damns’ passed around. Even Mr. Daniels’ eyes widened. “I don’t think Mr. Dupree would appreciate visiting his son in the hospital after a rather nasty surgery to remove a staple pin.”

“Yikes!” boys roared with groans while the girls laughed. I glanced to Elliot, and suddenly, it was only amusement I could see. What was up with him?

I followed him around. When he got up, I got up. He walked the hallways and I was right behind him. After his class, I was right there, posting updates to Meredith and Elaine, who wanted to know everything.

It was nearing lunch break that he finally noticed. One of his friends pointed it out as he was working at his locker and I was leaning casually against a locker while checking out my twitter account.

“Dude, she’s been following you everywhere,” I heard one of them say. I glanced up just in time as Elliot glanced to me.

I waved cheerfully. “Hey Elliot,” I smiled. Both brows were up in surprise. “Oh, don’t mind me. I’m just checking out my stuff. When you’re ready to go I’ll follow.”

What followed was a loud slam and then he was marching off. I smirked, dialling the number. He picked up on the third ring.

“Who is this?” he growled. I smiled.

“You’re supposed to say hello, dummy,” I laughed. Elliot paused for just a second, and then he was off again.

“What are you doing?” he demanded.

I rolled his eyes. “Duh, what does it look like I’m doing?”

“Go to class,” he said.

I sighed. “Man, you must have been one serious kid,” I murmured more to me. “I’m going to trail you, okay? If you want, just think of me as a persistent fly. It’ll be easier.”