Chapter 23

"SHE LOVES ME, (Y/N)!! SHE LOVES ME!!" Zim panicked. But why? I'm sure it's not a bad thing that Gaz loves Zim. They were friends. Unless he meant it in another way......

That wasn't true. I knew for a fact that Gaz has no feelings for Zim. She only loves him as a friend would. Or platonically really. Nothing romantic at all. I knew for a fact that Gaz wasn't ready for a relationship. She's said so herself. Plus, she was only 13. She was only a year younger than me.

I can admit, I may have a crush on Zim, but that doesn't mean I'm ready for a relationship. I'm just as young as Gaz, only a year and a few months older than her.

What I'm trying to say is that it's only platonic at the most between Gaz and Zim. Heck, it probably wasn't even that. They were just good friends, it's what I would assume anyway.

So what did I do? I just laughed it off.

"Ahaha Zim!" I chuckled. "She only loves you as a friend."

"No! No! No! She may have a 'crush' on me! As you humans like to call it.." Zim looked behind me, it seemed his eyes were locked on something. It was Gir, was he really eavesdropping on us right now? He was supposed to be with Gaz. Zim got him to go back with Gaz eventually and finally, we were back to out conversation.

"Zim.. At most, it's only platonic." I shrugged my shoulders, smiling.

"What does that mean?" Zim was confused at the term 'platonic'. Of course, I knew what it meant, but I was just to lazy to explain it.

"Let's just say that she may act like she likes you, but doesn't." I put a hand on his shoulder and he smiled at me. "It may not even be that, she may like you. I have doubts though."

I wasn't entirely sure if Gaz had feelings for Zim, but I was pretty sure she didn't. I hoped she didn't.

"Remember, Zim. Just because someone tolerates you, it doesn't always mean they like you. As harsh as that sounds." I frowned.

I would know this, I've been rejected so much. Then again, I was only young, I still am.

"It's okay (Y/N)-Human." He smiled and tapped my shoulder. That took me out of my thoughts.

"Are you guys done yet? I'm bored!" Gaz groaned. She wanted to watch a film or play video games. Some things like that. I was only glad that me and Zim were finished with the conversation as I wanted to do something.
_______________________________________

You may have wondered what we all got up to for the rest of the night. Not much really. We ate waffles, watched Gir's favourite show and played games. Just the typical friends night in. Though, me and Gaz never slept over. We left at 7pm. And about the book, Gaz said that it was fine and that she was almost done reading it. She had a strong imagination, so it was easy for her to try and imagine the ending of the story.

So what was planned for today, a school day? I had no idea. I was just about to find out....

I took a few steps into the building and already people were looking at me. Was it from yesterday? It couldn't be, they should'va forgotten about yesterday, they were hypnotised!! It could be that I've just walked into the building. That's what I kept telling myself. But if that was the case, wouldn't they have stopped staring at me by now?

This got me more frustrated than any other mood, so I stopped. I looked back at all of the students that kept their eyes on me.

"It's rude to stare!" I growled at them all. Right away, they all had a look of guilt. Like they had done something wrong. To be honest, they have done things wrong, and that is staring at me. There surely wasn't anything interesting going on, was there?

I didn't move for a while, and so one of the students walked to me. I didn't know their name, I didn't quite recognise them. I hadn't seen much of their face before. They had brown, long wavy hair and deep blue eyes. Like me, they wore a black hoodie and blue high waisted jeans. I kept my eyes only on them before they tapped me.

"I'm so sorry....." They spoke softly after tapping me on the shoulder. Then they stood right beside me and held out a hand. "My name is Gwen!"

Me, having no idea what was going on, stuck out my hand and shook hers.

"My name is (Y/N)." I replied, sounding rather confused. I was. I had no idea why she was suddenly introducing herself to me, nor why everyone kept staring. I figured she'd know why I earned a lot of stares since she was one of those students who stared at me. So I just had to ask the question. "Can you please tell me what's going on!?"

"Rumours." She spat. Not at me, thankfully, but facing the students. Rumours? About me?

Without warning, Gwen yanked my hand, pulling me towards her. Then she rushed to the yard. She took me to the same spot I met Zim yesterday. He was there today, but didn't act confused to why Gwen was here.

"(Y/N). Someone told the whole school that your dad died. And they may have spread some misinformation with it." Zim looked at the two of us. I was only glad that no one followed me outside into the yard. Then I wondered what misinformation was spread. And most importantly, who started the accurate rumour?

'I don't want the whole school knowing my personal life!!'

Whoever did this was going to have to speak up, now. And I may have an idea on who told the school. The only 3 who knew about this was Zim, Gaz and Dib, before anyone told the school on me.

I had to ask them sooner or later!
_______________________________________

Word count : 1031 words

Amberzoeheart~

Disguised  [Zim X Reader] On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara