She sighed heavily and nodded, acknowledging that I was right but not wanting to verbalise the truth, before wrapping me into a gentle embrace, burrowing her face in the crook of my neck.

Neither of us dared disrupt this moment too fast, not wanting it to end, and have to face the reality on the opposite side of the door, it was nice to just simply be.

"Everything alright in there?" A sudden voice disrupted from outside the bathroom door, followed by a gentle knock, his tone light and breezy.

"Yeah everything's fine Harry" Hermione croaked, lifting her head from my shoulder and gathering together the reminiscence of her composure before plastering on a false grin and exiting the bathroom, sliding past Harry, reluctant to make eye contact with him as she did.

Harry cast me a slightly saddened although warm smile as he stood in the doorway, his eyes unfathomably deep and startling vivid, the radiant emerald hues reflecting in the lens of his glasses as he pushed them up his nose, his hair was its usual disheveled and shaggy state and his cheeks were flushed subtly as though he had jogged his way up the stairs.

He looked painfully innocent, it almost didn't seem fair.

"You couldn't spare a minute could you?" He asked, that sad smile he held only intensifying as Harry desperately clung to his composure.

I nodded earnestly, masking my exhaustion and obliging when Harry reached for my hand, his palm balmy and warm with nerves as he led me towards a door with a large wooden 'R' hammered into the wood.

It was evident it was Ron's bedroom the moment we entered. The walls were plastered from floor to ceiling in Chudley Cannons posters and quidditch memorabilia, the many contrasting shades of red and orange were nauseating, a violent concoction of colours that encouraged a headache to wash over me as I adjusted the room.

"Yeah it can be a lot the first time" Harry chuckled, watching me blink away the black spots attempting to impair my vision as he led us both over towards the bed and seated us down on the burgundy sheets.

After a few short moments I had adjusted to the sickening intensity of Ron's bedroom, and turned to Harry who was trailing the floor aimlessly, pulling at the skin on his nimble and sweaty fingers.

"Is everything ok?" I whispered gently, awkwardly disrupting the silence, scooting myself over and resting my hand on his shoulder, although Harry fought the urge to connect his gaze with mine, his emerald stare still fixated to the floor.

"Do you ever think, sometimes things aren't meant to be forever, and maybe that's okay? Perhaps things or people, are only here for a short while, to teach us or show us something, and maybe we knew that from that start, that it wouldn't end in our favour, but at the time it was exactly what we wanted even if we didn't want it forever, you know?"

It was now Harry took the opportunity to lift his head, turning to gage my reaction, studying my features as I studied his.

I replaced the hand on his shoulder with my cheek, wrapping my arm around him and nuzzling slighting into Harry's neck, waiting for a brief moment until he responded accordingly to my touch and melted into the embrace.

"I'm not sure I am following?" I whispered questioningly, listening as the blatant lie felt from my lips and shattered at our feet.

I knew exactly what he was saying, that we hold onto unattainable things for the hope we can change them and remould them to fit our own narrative, but deep down it's evident that you are holding onto something that isn't supposed to be yours, that you know won't work but ultimately can't bare to actually let go, so you impatiently wait until it's inevitably taken. Yes, I knew that feeling all too well.