28. The Legion of Doom

Start from the beginning

"Where is the other you?" Future Sara asks. "Is she somewhere here?"

"No."

They both look at me, already figuring things out from my facial expression. "She's dead." They say in unision.

"But it doesn't really matter, right? She was gonna die anyway." I point out.

Future Sara blinks a couple of times and slightly touches my arm. Then she hesitantly nods. "Yeah."

"Nice work. Both of you." Reaper praises, ending the moment. "Where's the spear?"

"You took it to the rendezvous point." My Sara tells him.

"Oh, did I? Right."

Future Sara tapps her comm. "If you don't wanna get stuck in 1916, get to the ship now."

We make our way towards the ship. The rest of the team joins us and one of the Reapers gives our Sara the spear.

"I can't believe we made it." Haircut says.

"Don't jinx it." Future Sara replies.

Right after she says that, Thawne runs towards us. He then circles around us, trapping us.

"Aw, he jinxed it!" The kid exclaims.

"I hate that guy." Chucky grunts.

He runs one of the Reaper's to the ground. I hope it's the future one, because he doesn't seem alive. Luckily, the other one is fine.

Eventually, the running stops. He's now standing in front of us. "Not that guy." More Thawne's run in. Some are wearing a costume and others are in normal clothes. "These guys!"

He created an army of himself. It's actually really impressive. But it would be much more impressive if he wasn't trying to mess with our lives.

"You travelled back in time to help yourselves, I figured I could do the same." He says. "You know it's true what they say. If you want something done right, you really have to do it yourself."

We're now completely surrounded by Thawne's. He gives us one last opportunity. "Give me the spear and I'll spare your team."

Suprisingly, egghead is the one to answer. "You can go to hell."

"No, but I'll make a hell for you. Do you really wanna lose another one? Last chance."

"Use the spear." Amaya whispers to present Sara, who is holding the spear.

Thawne's start to run at us. I quickly turn invisible and dodge them. The others have less luck, landing on their backs one by one. In the meanwhile, Sara tries to use the spear.

Once the spear is ready to be used, she turns to Amaya. "It can't be me. Use it. Fix the world."

Amaya is about to take the spear from her, but a Thawne runs her over. While for me, it's getting harder and harder to dodge all the Thawne's.

"Just do it, Sara!" I shout.

"Look, I can't." She replies. "There's too much darkness inside of me. I can't control it."

Something in my mind says: 'screw it'. I turn visible, run to her and kiss her with all I have. She hesitantly returns the kiss.

Then I rest my forehead against hers. "I believe in you."

The moment I utter those words, Thawne runs me over, causing me to fall on the ground.

It hurts and I can't get up, so now there's not much I can do besides watching her. She uses the spear, but not much later, Thawne takes it from her.