── 𝐦𝐚𝐲𝐛𝐞! ──

Start from the beginning

"You're whipped," Leon noted quietly as Avan sank into his seat with another dramatic sigh. "Have you tried to broach the topic?"

"I have but every time I come close to, I'm reminded of what I have to lose." 

ཻུ♡ ⋆ ༉‧₊˚

The first time Avan realized he was truly stuck at a crossroads in regards to his complicated situation with Liz was when the two were doing a press interview for Victorious. Naturally gravitated towards each other, it was no wonder that the fans too had noticed Liz and Avan's unique bond, their on-screen relationship more than enough reason for reporters to want to interview them together. 

Seated on their seats whilst on set for Victorious, Liz drummed her fingers against Avan's thigh mindlessly as he felt his breath get caught in his throat, body instantly stiffening as he tried his best not to be too obvious about it whilst the interviewer got ready to begin the interview. The wind blowing her hair around like crazy made Liz slightly ticked off as she frowned slightly, Avan noticing the change in her body posture as he reached to tuck the loose strands behind her ears before he could realize what he was doing.

"S-sorry! It was getting in your eyes and-"

"Thanks, Avan," Liz interrupted sweetly, flashing him one of his signature flirtatious smiles. 

Before he could say anything, the interviewer was finally ready as the cameras started rolling, making Avan recoil away from Liz slightly, not wanting his visibly flustered face to be captured on tape. However, Liz seemed unbothered as she kept her hand on his thigh, tilting her head slightly as instinctively, he moved closer to her so she could lean her head on his shoulder. 

After she'd mentioned it once in a passing comment that she quite enjoyed leaning her head on his shoulder, no matter what situation they were in ── no matter whether they were filming or it was just them chilling in the trailers while waiting to film ── he always made sure to shift closer to her whenever she hinted that she wanted to be close to him. After all, he would do anything to be closer to her. 

"Hey, Avan! Hey Liz!" The interviewer said chirpily as the two teenagers waved happily at the camera, "thanks for having me on set with you two today? What are you two up to?"

"We're in between takes right now...Vic and Leon are filming now so we're just chilling till it's our turn to fill again," Liz answered, flashing the camera a sweet smile that made Avan's heart swell with joy. 

"You two usually spend your free time together?"

"Always," Avan answered softly before he could control himself, eyes meeting Liz's briefly as she smiled gently at him. "Helps us play a couple on-screen too...since we've such a good...relationship," Avan added after a brief pause as he considered how to word his answer carefully ── while not wanting to come on too strong, he didn't want to make it seem like he wasn't into her either because that certainly wasn't the case.

"Are you two dating?" The interviewer queried as Avan widened his eyes in surprise at her bluntness, Liz's grip on his thigh tightening ever so slightly as he subtly placed his hand on hers, trying to calm her down. 

"Oh...um, n-no," Liz stammered hastily, "we're really good friends though."

"Extremely," Avan echoed, if not a little bitterly.