[7] Let the Wind Remind You

Start from the beginning

He grins. "Well, that was fast. But since you accept those terms then... I suppose there's no holding back. This is still technically my repay for my old tricks. I'm officially part of your journey, (Y/n)."

'Kaeya has joined your party.' you think as if you're in a video game.

You clasp your hands together in joy. "That's wonderful! Now, I know you're busy but I'd like for you and I to meet at Windrise, Tomorrow."

He gave you a quick nod. He was about to ask why but he notices Amber and swiftly walks away. It wasn't long until Amber arrived and see the Cavalry Captain walk off.

Amber huffs. "One minute I see Kaeya, the next he's slipped away!"

"He does a lot behind the scenes.." you mention.

She shifts her attention to you. "Are you sure? Because that sounds exactly what he'd say to talk himself out of trouble..." she sighs. "Let's forget about him. I worked super hard today and my tummy's rumbling! Let's order!"

You look behind to see the lady behind the Good Hunter stand. Amber grins. "Hi Sara! One Sticky Honey Roast please!"

The two of you took a seat in a table while waiting for your order. Paimon was floating beside you while Amber spoke up.

"So. Now that the stormterror threat is behind us, what are your plans for the next trip?"

You tap your fingers lightly on the wooden table, you hum. "I think it's time to leave Mondstadt, and keep looking through Teyvat until we find clues about my siblings."

"Huh, really?" Amber casts her gaze down on the floor. "Oh... well, I guess this is goodbye for now..."

"I'll miss Mondstadt and my Favonian friends." you rest your chin on top of your palm.

She looks back. "Hey, don't feel down! You'll always be a friend of the Knights of Favonius and our Honorary Knight. Wherever you may go, and wherever the wind will blow."

"Let the Wind lead!" you say jokingly, "Anyways, don't worry. I'll come back and visit."

"That's the spirit! Remember, Mondstadt will always welcome you." The brunette beams. "Alright, now let's eat before it gets cold!"

You had a relaxing meal with Amber along with Paimon. Once you finished, you couldn't help but drift back to your initial thoughts.

'Yeah, Kaeya mentioned the abyss leader earlier! They were called 'The Monarch.' It was really shocking!'

You sigh internally. 'Even a god would be surprised to learn about the abyss leader..!'

'Yes, indeed, whoever the abyss leader is - probably has a correlation with my sibling.' you mentally sob.

You hum and lean downwards, a frown present on your face. Unfortunately, Paimon was busy inhaling the food, so you'd have to wait for her to finish. Conversations can be saved for later.

After Amber finished eating, she chats with Paimon for a while about food recommendations. Then, she suddenly remembers something.

She turns to you. "Oh, I almost forgot to mention... Jean's waiting for you at the Cathedral. It's something to do with Holy Lyre der Himmel... You'd better head there now."

"Alright, thanks for letting me know." you stand up and sent her one last look. "I'll see you later."

Paimon comes with you. "Let's go!"

You left Good hunter and venture on towards the Mondstadt Cathedral. Mid-way while walking to said location, you had a chilling realization. The next events would not be very pleasant.