Chap 4. [Saved at Last]

"D-Dazai!"
Atsushi spitted out while falling off the couch.

     He hiccuped and looked up to Chuuya, then at Dazai who had just broken the window to the top floor of the Port Mafia building.

     Sighing, Dazai walked over the broken class and over to Atsushi.

     "Damnit Dazai! We just got these windows cleaned asshole!"
     Chuuya yelled at the tall brown haired man, but he just glanced at Chuuya, obviously not caring.

     "-well now you get to have new clean windows."
     Dazai walked over to Atsushi who was on the floor.

     "I- I thought you tried to k-kill yourself again!"

     Dazai was taken aback by this statement, as Atsushi was never the type to be so forward about topics like that.  He walked over to Atsushi and bended over, and the smell of liquor instantly filled his senses.

     Dazai looked at Chuuya, then back at Atsushi.  He grabbed the younger male and put his arm over his own shoulders. 

     "-so you got him drunk?"
Dazai asked the Mafia member.

     "For your information he decided to drink himself.  What was I supposed to do... stop him?"
Chuuya replied.

     Dazai lifted Atsushi up and placed him back on the couch to sit. The man with bandaged arms didn't bother to sit along with him, but instead he decided to stare into Chuuyas eyes.  The same eyes that he used to question people in this same building, years ago.

     Chuuya hesitated before speaking.
     "The boss wants me to ask you if you would like to take back your-"

Dazai interrupted.
     "position to be an executive in the Port Mafia."
His eyes squinted into Chuuyas.

     "...so you knew but you still came."

Dazai broke the stare and back at Atsushi, before sighing.

     "Of course I did.  It's not in my agenda to leave one of my best co-workers caught up with the Mafia."
Dazai paused before continuing.

     "Tell the boss my same answer as always.  No."

     Dazai walked over to Atsushi and picked him up, throwing him over his shoulders so his legs were dangling in the air.

     "-and tell him if he tries to capture anyone else again from the agency..."
     Dazai walked over the glass and looked out the window.

     "-that we are going to have issues."

     Chuuya just looked back at him.  He knew that Dazai was going to decline this offer.  Chuuya didn't understand why the boss couldn't just let Dazai go.

     "So you aren't going to stop me from leaving?"

Chuuya thought for a moment before responding.
     "My orders were to offer you your position back... that's all."

     Dazai chuckled as he looked down at the ground from the top of the building.  Atsushi mumbled something over Dazais shoulder, but no one could hear what he had said.  He was still awake though.

     "But let me tell you something..."
Chuuya turned around in a circle then back at Dazai.

     His legs weakened as he pointed to the pair by the window.  Suddenly, his voice heightened in pitch as he spoke.

     "There will be no second chance!!"

     Dazai chuckled as he leap outside the glass window.