You don't have to hide

Start from the beginning

"Let's get going then who knows how long we've been down there," Shikamaru ordered. They all headed into the forest jumping from tree to tree. Shikamaru was anxious, he did not wish to bring back corpses and instead, he may have to bring three back home. He shook this thought from his head and instead focused on getting home as quickly as possible.

In Menma's mind...

Menma had woken up lying down in a damp and darkened room with the Kyuubi caged behind him. Kurama made eye contact with him but soon looked away.

"Nice to see you too asshole," Menma said annoyed. Kurama kept quiet.

"What's going to happen to him?" Asked Menma to break the uncomfortable silence.

"He won't survive. Not without either of us." Kurama said getting quieter with every word spoken.

"You're the nine-tails can't you save him?!" Menma upset got up aggressively shouting at Kurama.

"Listen brat," Kurama was starting to get irritated as well, "This Justu may have separated us from Naruto but don't forget it's from the Uzumaki clan, so it's still a sealing Justu." 

"I mean fair but -"

"But nothing. A sealing justu is a sealing justu. It locks all my power away so that it can't be used for any purpose. Even if I wanted to the seal is too strong right now"

When the frustration built up Menma thought he might explode. He took a deep breath. He wanted to shout, have a tantrum and beat his hands on the ground like a toddler. He wanted to vent, let it out, but he knew it wouldn't help. He tried to think of a possible way to save Naruto but he couldn't find an answer. 

"ARGH!" Menma shouted as he fell to his knees and went face first onto the water filled floor. He was exhausted from everything and it wasn't surprising as he had exerted himself beyond his limits so he was prone to fainting at some point. He slowly closed his eyes and relaxed his body as much as he could.

Back with Team Shikamaru...

Kiba almost slipped on a high branch, quickly recovering but accidentally woke up Menma. 

"Oi guys he's waking up!" KIba shouted but in Menma's ears his voice was distant and distorted even though he was literally right next to Kiba. 

"Which one?!" Shikamaru replied

"The other one!" Kiba answered making Shikamaru's insides tighten. Menma would become a problem if he were to wake up now and throw a tantrum. He looked behind him to try and get a glance of how awake Menma truly was but was relieved to see Menma still in a weakened state going in and out of consciousness.

"Leave it! Just make sure he doesn't fully wake up!" Shikamaru ordered.

"OK" Kiba replied. As soon as he spoke he could hear whispers from behind his right ear.

"Leave me.....Help...Naruto...dying.." Menma whispered, Kiba could barely hear Menma from the loud, gashing sounds of the wind blowing past him as he travelled through the forest at high speeds. He only made out the words 'Help' and 'Dying'. 

"Tsk as if we're helping you after what you've done to Hinata and Naruto!" Kiba exclaimed furiously. 

"Idiot." Menma said angrily in his head.

"Naruto...Dying...." Menma repeated himself trying to speak louder this time so that even if the winds quieten his voice the important bits were clear enough to hear.

"What?!" Kiba had shouted so loudly it made everyone turn their heads immediately however Menma was already out cold.

"What happened Kiba?" Choji asked anxiously.

"This guy just said Naruto's dying!"

Ello boys and girls! Sorry for the once again late update but for some reason life decided to give me lots and lots of paperwork to do :) SO until that gets finished or until I actually have the capability to update once a week, starting now (even though I've doing it for like ages now) will *OFFICIALLY* be posting every two weeks to give me a rest in between weeks. Again if you're enjoying the story so far or have any questions please comment and I will do my best to answer them without spoiling anything :) See you later!  

"And now here is my secret, a very simple secret: 

It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye."

―  Antoine de Saint-Exupéry, The Little Prince

(Legit my favourite movie/book for learning life lessons)