Taken For Granted

Taken For Granted

 “People say you don’t know what you’ve got until it’s gone. Truth is, you knew what you had, you just never thought you’d lose it.”

You were there when I’m crying. You were there when no one wants to be with me. You were there when I think no one can love me.

Dinadalhan mo ako lagi ng pagkain. Hinahatid sundo. Inaalala mo ako lagi. Sinosorpresa mo ako lagi. Pinagbibigyan ako sa lahat ng gusto ko. Hindi mo ako pinapabayaan. Tiniis mo lahat ng init na ulo ko pati na rin mga kalokohan ko. Lagi mo akong inaalagaan.

But I took you for granted, sorry.

I lied. I cheated.

I didn't appreciate all of your efforts. 'Yung pag-intindi sakin, 'yung pagaalaga sakin at 'yung pagmamahal mo.

Napagtanto ko lamang ang mga iyon noong mawala ka sa akin.

Hindi ko inasahan na isang araw, bibitaw ka na. Isang araw, mawawala na yung umiintindi sakin. Nag-aalaga at pinagbibigyan. Nawala yung taong mahal na mahal ako.

At eto ako ngayon, nagsisisi.

I’m sorry I didn’t tell you how important you are to my life.

I’m sorry for hurting you so bad.

I’m sorry for not appreciating you.

I’m sorry I didn’t tell you how much I love you.

I’m sorry I took you for granted.

Pero alam mo, hanggang ngayon mahal na mahal parin kita.

And then I saw you with her, holding hands and smiling at each other.

I can see that you really love her. I know, because you used to look at me that way.

And then I realized, you are finally happy. And I’m thankful for her to bring your smile back I erased when we are still together.

 Inspired by a post in The UST Files.