Chapter 40: The Uchiha Prodigy [Shippuden]

Comenzar desde el principio

“Your fight is over” I knew the voice and I knew Kakuzu and Hidan heard it too. It was Pein, a simple communication jutsu he created but refused to share.

“We need to seal the two-tails, it’s time for you to return” I was relieved even when I heard Hidan’s objections. Kakuzu stepped back, probably annoyed but as much as he wanted his bounty he also had a strange amount of respect for Pein.

“It’s of the upmost importance” Kakuzu jumped from the building and towards Hidan. I held the jutsu as I stared down at them.

“I’ll be returning to H.Q once I’m done here”

“Without Sasori we need every member” Pein objected.

“You have Ai and Hidou, besides once I seal the curse mark again I’ll be too weak to be of any use in the extraction” I argued and heard him sigh.

“See to it you get back by nightfall. Hidan and Kakuzu will brief me on your actions after the extraction”

“Yeah whatever” I replied. I looked over the edge of the roof. Hidan and Kakuzu stared back up. I waited till they turned and disappeared into the forest before dropping the jutsu. I walked through the black mist left behind unscathed.

“Don’t touch that” I warned the others before I dropped to my knees beside Asuma.

“Rin your injured, you shouldn’t be…”

“I’m a criminal Shikamaru, I don’t matter.” I said shortly before facing the rest of his team.

 “Ino, Jazmine well need to combine our medical ninjutsu”

“Right” Jazmine agreed.

“I’ve never seen someone survive Hidan’s jutsu” I admitted as I put my hands over Ino and Jazmine’s.

“But there’s a first for everything” I knew I had a connection with Gaara. I knew that’s probably what aided in his return to the living but I was hoping that somehow, whatever power I had that helped Gaara would also help Asuma.

“D-Don’t even bother trying to heal me. I-I can feel it” I was surprised that he was still able to speak in his condition.

“You guys can feel it too right?”

“You shut up! Ino, Rin, Jazmine keep going!” Shikamaru’s outburst made me flinch. I knew Asuma was right, even as I combined my jutsu with Ino  and Jazmine's I could feel him fading. I looked up as the storm clouds rolled in and closed my eyes for a moment before letting my hands slip from their's.

“Rin?” Jazmine questioned and I sighed.

“You can feel it too, four vital spots Jaz. There’s nothing we can do, I doubt even Lady Tsunade could help him” I admitted.

“But Rin, you have to have something. You always have something!” Jazmine begged, but I shook my head. Not this time.

“I-I think I finally understand now, what the third Hokage meant…” I got to my feet and stepped away. This wasn’t for me. This was their team, he was their sensei and I had no part in it anymore.

“Why” I muttered. Why when I needed it, that power never came. I jumped slightly when a hand touched my shoulder.

 “Rin…” I turned and met Jazmine’s large blue eyes, eyes that were full of tears.

“A-Asuma sensei, he wants to speak with you”

“Jazmine, I can’t…”

“He’s dying Rin.” I fell silent then and let her lead me back to the group. I remained standing but met his gaze. I could hear his breathing getting longer and slower, the way his chest rose and fell.