I checked my phone again. Nothing.

I let out a frustrated sigh. It was now 7:34 P.M. I've been pacing back and forth in my room for almost an hour already. Not able to concentrate my attention on anything else. I needed to know. Yeji was the key to unlock an entirely new part of my past life. Our friendship was a secret which meant they were things that only she knew.

" Lia! Are you okay?"

My mother's voice startled me. I jumped back a little, bumping into the dresser behind me. There was a faint ' Thump' noise of something heavy falling on the floor. I turned back, searching for what I had maybe broken but there was nothing apparent.

" Lia, sweetie?"

I turned back, looking at my mother, who looked at me with concern.

"Sorry, I...I am...fine. Ju...Just a...little nervous about school...that is all," I lied, sending her a smile to emphasize my point.

" Maybe you should get some sleep? Give your body and mind some rest. The doctor said it will help," She replied, moving closer.

" Ok, I...will,"

" Good night, sweetie," She whispered kissing my forehead.

"Good night, mom,"

After she closed the door, I started looking around. I knew something fell but what? And where? Something definitely did, I wasn't crazy. Well, Yeji was driving me crazy but not to that point.

It was near my dresser. Somewhere. I took a few steps back to assess the whole area and there it was, underneath it. It was some kind of box from what I could see where I was standing. I got closer and kneeled carefully in front of it, taking it easy with my injured leg. Bending my leg was always difficult now. Actually, doing anything with it was difficult now.

I carefully took the brown box and sat on my bed, setting it on my lap.

The box had duct tape on the side, it must have been duct taped beneath the dresser.

But why? My life became a mystery more and more every passing day. I mean what's next? Am I going to learn that I'm secretly part of a gang or something? Damn. Why was my life so complicated?

That box was in my room, so it must have been mine. But why giving myself all that trouble to hide it?

What was in it that necessitated that must secrecy? Something I didn't want anyone to find out for sure.

I put my shaking hand on the lid, hesitant and nervous. On one hand, I couldn't wait to find out what it was but on the other hand, I was scared as hell. Apprehensive of what it could possibly behold. What if it was something bad? Like a dark unspeakable secret? The gang thing didn't seem that crazy suddenly.

Ok, maybe I was going too far.

I inhaled deeply and opened the box, putting the lid aside.

When my eyes fell on the content nothing seemed to be awful inside. That seemed actually rather pretty ordinary. The box was big enough to contain two notebooks and a few other small items.

On top of the notebooks were some polaroid pictures. I took them first to examine them, my heart started racing. However, when I looked at it, I was left confused once again.

The first picture was of an old treehouse in a middle of the forest. It seemed like a banal picture but felt somewhat familiar, like I've been there on the daily and it been impregnated in my retina.

Maybe it was a childhood spot? Maybe that was why for the first time since my accident I had a sense of familiarity. It was so deeply implanted inside my brain that I could sense it behind the heavy fog of my amnesia.