Chapter 2

LIA

New day, same boring routine.

I always began it by putting on a nice fake smile. Pretending my best to fit the expectations. Of my family, of my friends, of anyone really. At this point, all I wanted was to keep pretending to be the person I was before. I'd always been close to my parents but since I discovered I liked girls.

Because not only did I fall in love with Yeji but I also discovered I was gay and I had always been. That really explained why I didn't want to kiss Jaemin in elementary school and also why I never found my type of guy, because my type of guy was a girl.

After taking a quick breakfast, I walked down the street to Ryujin's house and we walked together to school like we did every day. Wearing, as usual, our cheerleading uniforms. This time, she talked to me about the new skin beauty products her mother brought her back from the foreign country she's been working at for the last two months.

Once at school, we meet with Chaeryeong, Yuna, and Ningning before class, gossiping about the latest news. Nothing much had happened since yesterday but Yuna managed to find a way to talk about Yeji somehow. Apparently, she had caught Yeji smoking weed behind the school. Which was completely fake because Yeji didn't smoke, not even cigarettes; it almost made me laugh but I couldn't show them that nor could I deny the obvious lie.

Then the endless classes went on throughout the day. Each hour slower than the previous one. Finishing it with cheerleading practice.

Once done, I took my sports bag, saying goodbye to the girls and left the locker room, heading to my car. As soon as I was out, I felt the sun shine on my skin, bringing to it a slight warmth. It brought me a certain comfort.

For a few seconds, I closed my eyes, feeling the ray of light on me. It reminded me of some Sunday afternoons, laying on the decrepit wooden floor of the tree house tightly enveloped in Yeji's arms.

Soon I will be again.

I dropped the bag on the passenger seat as I got in.

Once out of the parking lot, I blasted loudly the radio, singing along with the song currently playing, releasing the stress of the day as much I could.

One more day, I said to myself, one more day and I could spend the weekend with Yeji. I exiled softly, a smile spreading across my face.

Suddenly, out of the corner of my eyes, I saw something big and fast.

I turned my head just in time to see it was a truck. Oh no.

-
Text

6:38 P.M

Y: Hey beautiful, had a good day?

Y: Can I call you?

7:20 P.M

Y: Babe, are you there?

8:52 P.M

Y: Are you mad at me?

Y: Did I do something wrong?

11:19 P.M

Y: Please, text me.

Y: I just want to know if you are ok.

Y: I'm worried, give me a sign.

15 Missing Calls.

-
YEJI

I kept biting my nails on my way to school. Lia still hadn't replied and I was getting really stressed about it. All night I kept searching if I did something wrong or said something wrong but I couldn't find anything. We barely saw each other yesterday.