The agency

Shouto was almost falling asleep on Katsuki's shoulder on the train ride over to the agency Katsuki had set up with Midoriya only a year ago. Despite their differences, the two of them recognised in each other the need to help people and the ambition to be the best at doing it. In the end, despite the slightly odd and battered friendship the two shared, their similarities which had torn them apart as children, made them perfectly suited to work together as adults.

"Idiot," Katsuki whispered, "you should have slept more this morning."

"You got any complaints?" Shouto murmured back.

The train was not too crowded, given that few people travelled home for lunch when a quick trip to the shop or café was so much more convenient. Katsuki and Shouto were both decked out in hats but the end of Shouto's French braid was easily visible as it trailed just below his shoulders. Luckily, nobody seemed to have noticed the two pro-heroes, more interested in the news on their phones and free newspapers.

The headlines had been trickling in since late morning and were now reaching a frenzy as the reports of a billionaire philanthropist arrested for child trafficking were being dissected by an equal part horrified and fascinated public. Katsuki twiddled his new key ring between his fingers, unable to read the Cyrillic to tell where it had come from exactly, but having a shrewd idea on the basic of what he's seen on the phone of the woman sitting in front of him. He mentally added some asshole called Lebedev to his shit list; nobody leaves bruises on his husband without consequences.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The two heroes were greeted by an excited Mirio when they arrived at the agency.

"Bakugou!" He called out, dashing up to them, "And Todo- wait, sorry, other Bakugou?"

"Lemillion, my hero name is Shouto, you can call me that," Shouto rolled his eyes but accepted the hug the blonde offered.

"But you never call me Mirio," Mirio pouted.

Katsuki merely stood back and ground his teeth. For some reason, Katsuki had taken a personal affront to Mirio when he had become the first out gay pro-hero. It was a grievance that had only grown when he'd proceeded to then become the first married gay pro-hero, or at least joint first with Suneater. The situation had come to a head when Midoriya had asked Mirio to join the agency only to be met with a tentative inquiry as to whether Katsuki might be homophobic because 'he always seems mad whenever anyone brings up my coming out, and he never says anything nice to me'. Midoriya had proceeded to nearly hack up a lung in the resultant laughing fit, and had demanded Shouto invite Mirio and Tamaki over for dinner so he didn't have to deal with a potential discrimination complaint this early in their agency's existence.

Mirio had been a staple of the agency ever since, much to Katsuki's outward disdain.

"I haven't seen you since the wedding! It was so beautiful, I cried so much Tamaki almost had to take me outside! You both looked so happy," Mirio smiled dreamily, finally relinquishing his hold on Shouto. "I was going to be mad at you for staying away, but I think maybe you've been busy if office gossip is anything to go on."

"Who the fuck is spreading shit about Shouto's work?" Katsuki hissed.

"Well, maybe not office gossip. Eri told me, but I promised her I wouldn't tell anyone else and I haven't, except you, but you don't really count because you already knew, obviously. What brings you to the agency, To- Shouto?"

Shouto opened his mouth to respond but was interrupted by nearly being barrelled over by a particularly enthusiastic green blur.

"Shouto!"

Shouto staggered back a few steps before regaining his footing while Katsuki let off a yell at the intrusion, looking about ready to commit a double homicide.

"Hey Izuku," Shouto said, holding up a placating hand at his husband while being absorbed into a hug from his best friend.

"I missed you so much, you know you've never really been gone that long before, and I was starting to get worried about you, even though Kacchan said you were keeping in touch and I know you did text me from time to time, but in this age of technology sometimes it can be really easy to impersonate other people. Anyway, what are you doing here, shouldn't you be resting or spending time with your family? Did you come to see me? Wait, that's not right, you usually text first, and why are we meeting at the agency? Is there something you need here? I've been checking the news and I thought everything was wrapped up but maybe not, is there something more- Ow!"

Izuku rubbed his head where Katsuki had just hit it, blessedly without any assistance from his quirk.

"Shut the fuck up, shitty Deku, Icyhot doesn't need to hear your bullshit right after he's gotten back."

"I'm just here to grab some files, but I was thinking we could hang out after, maybe get some food?"

The resulting smile was blinding.