𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟏𝟏 || 𝐰𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐚𝐫𝐞 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐨𝐝𝐝𝐬

Tubbo turned around, walking backwards, hands up in display.

"Welcome to L'manburg!" His voice was laced with pride for his country.

"Fundy, Eret, open up!" He shouted to someone inside the walls. In an instant, the walls slid apart, revealing enclosed land inside.

"Wow..." She muttered under her breath. Trees were everywhere, and bodies of water were plentiful. Notably, there was a van with what seemed like a hotdog on top of it, strange. The rough sound of the walls closing shook the ground beneath her feet.

Two people came out of the van in what seemed to be the same uniforms that Tommy and Tubbo were using, except one of the two wore a lighter, almost pastel version of it. She also noticed that the pastel uniformed figure walking towards her had ears and a tail, and the other had black sunglasses on his face. They finally came up to us.

"Fundy, Eret, you've met Sapnap before, but you haven't met Y/n. Y/n this is Fundy and Eret, they are citizens and warriors of L'manburg here." The two men offered their hands and she shook them, still taking in the sights before her eyes. A fox? A man? It seemed like Fundy was both interestingly enough.

"Nice to meet you and it's nice to see your country, it's beautiful." 

"Likewise, and yes, it really is beautiful. We are fighting for our independence every day, and eventually this country will expand with its independence." Eret's low, British voice was almost king-like, it had a sense of wisdom, power, and dignity.

"I'm sure it will." She gave an assuring smile, not really knowing her feelings yet for the country. She hated war, and if there was anything she could do to prevent it, she would.

"Fundy, where's Wilbur?" Tommy asked, looking around the land.

Wilbur? 

Wilbur... no, it can't be right? Not the Wilbur... not, not my dad? Impossible. There's no way.  Right? After more than ten years, she hasn't heard of one Wilbur, there could be others, there had to be.

Her eyes widened at his name, but she kept quiet. Sapnap noticed, raising his brow asking if she was okay, but she shook it off, saying she was fine, but in reality, she didn't really know if she was or not. A mixture of emotions filled her, making it impossible for her to think straight. Time seemed to stop at that moment, so many questions, thoughts, everything just overran her, it was all too much.

"Oh, he's still in the van working on the independance." He gestured his hands for the group to follow him, and they did. 

The van was pretty small inside, a table in the middle, what looked like potions on the side counters, and windows lined the entirety of it. There stood a man, once again, in the same outfit, seated in a chair, quill in hand, writing into a book.

"Wilbur," Tommy said but no response. Whatever he was doing must've been important, considering he didn't hear his name being called. "Wilbur, big man, there are some people visiting." 

He finally looked up and put his quill down as he got up from his chair. Y/n tried to remember what her mother described her father to look like. One thing she said was that he always had his hair styled in a way that would cover most of his left forehead, the hair reaching his eyes. The man that got up and stood before them fit that description. He had the same smile that her mother described, the same brown eyes, same brown fluffy hair, same everything. 

No no no. This isn't real.

"Hello, I'm Wilbur, and your name is?" He extended his hand in greeting, but she just stood there in shock, her brain wasn't able to process what was happening. Sapnap nudged her and she blinked back into the situation before her.

"Oh, uhm, sorry, my name is Y/n,  nice to meet you." 

Y/n? That name... no. 

All Wilbur could think of at that moment was Niki. He looked into Y/n's face and saw only Niki's face standing before his. He was flustered, not knowing what to do. 

It couldn't be his child, could it? 

What are the odds? 

How, after all these years? 

Pangs of guilt and regret shot through him, making him feel sick. But he had to ignore it, he had to put on a mask at that moment, or else he would break.

"That's a pretty name," They were still holding their hands in the handshake position but once he noticed he quickly dropped her hand. "And welcome back Sapnap, long time no see. How's Dream? It's been a while, I've been needing to speak to him."

"He's been pretty busy."

"It's been three months since he came back. We have business to discuss, and if he doesn't come back I will have to start taking matters into my own hands." He was cautious with his words, but still firmly stated them, aware that he should tread lightly.

"I'll talk with him. But we just came here for a visit. That's it." There was an unsettling tension in the room, but Y/n didn't quite understand why.

Y/n was just at a loss for words. 

Why did Wilbur need to talk to Clay? How did he even know Clay? The four never talked about the city, it was extremely rare that they did. Another thing she didn't know about, great. More secrets.

After that, they quickly said goodbye, Sapnap was urging Y/n to leave so that it wouldn't get late, even though it was only early afternoon.

"Bye!" She waved back at the group, exiting the now opened walls. 

"You weren't okay in there, what happened?"

"Nick... Wilbur, he-"

"He what?"

"Wilbur is my dad."

"You're kidding."

"No, he left me and my mom when I was only five years old. It's him. He fits the exact description my mom gave to him before she got... sick. I want to say I'm kidding but I'm not. I don't even know how I feel about this right now." 

Sapnap stood there, mouth slightly open, in shock. "It's gonna be okay, just breathe. We'll figure this all out somehow."

He knew in his mind that this situation could get worse due to the tension between Wilbur and Dream and the whole L'manburg independence thing in general. When he got back, he had to speak with him as soon as possible. This was not okay.

Her mind was overworked. It was tired, too many thoughts overran it. She started feeling a headache form as they walked back to the mare, the pain increasing as time passed by. The two decided they could come back some other time to finish the tour, today was enough. 

She needed someone to talk to about this... she needed him, his comfort, his embrace, just him.

---------------------------

(word count: 1,133)

first of all, thank you so so much for 170+ reads!! this is crazy to me. I hope the story is living up to what you guys are wanting it to be :)

lmk any ideas you have for the story, i would love to hear them :))

Next chapter will be a flashback!! 

remember you are so loved <33

vote pog? :o