Luke sings a few lines with his guitar pick in his mouth while Reggie and I tap the beat. "Guess that means I'm buying lunch that day

I know all your secrets

You know all my deep dish

Guess that means that some things-"

"Wait, so..." Luke and I look to Reggie as he sighs. "I was gonna ask this when you sang but, like, when she says "deep dish," is she talking about like, pizza, or..."

I sigh. "No, Reg."

Alex then appears on top on the piano. "Oh! Oh hey, man. Where have you been?"

Alex seemed a lot calmer from how he was back at the school. More pumped and with a special glint in his eyes. "Um, kind of everywhere. Yeah. No, I met a new ghost friend."

"For real?"

I quirk a brow. "Is that even safe?"

"Yeah." Alex answered, answering both of our questions. "He answered a ton of questions."

"Yeah? Like weather Julie is gonna join the band or not?" Luke pulls his song book from under Alex, then slaps it down, giving him a look.

"Um... Well, we didn't... We didn't really get to that, but I think I know why we're here." Alex turns back to Reggie and I. "Ok? All ghosts have, like, unfinished business. So, we need to do our unfinished business so that we can cross over."

The words 'cross over' mad me slightly frown. I don't want to sound selfish, but I dont want them to leave. I still wanna have fun with them.

"Why would we do that?" Luke asks. "I'm just saying, this is like our second chance. All we need to do is get Julie to play with us."

"Yeah. Not only can that girl sing, she can write too. Luke and I made a killer melody to one of her lyrics and Mya added these amazing notes." 

Luke handed Alex his book, who looked slightly upset. "Oh... Without your drummer. Cool."

"Drumming is so 90's. Ok? We're just gonna..." Luke stomps his feet. "stomp our feet now." Luke was obviously joking, but I don't think Alex took it that way.

"Ok. Well, you know what else is so 90's? Being rude. Alright. Get woke. These are sensitive times." Alex then shoves Luke's book back to his chest.

"Ah! Alex... ow." I cover my hand, trying to stop myself from laughing.

"I learned that from my ghost friend." Alex tells Reggie and I.

"Woke. That's... that's a cool word."

"Yeah."

"What does it mean?"

"No clue."

I couldn't hold it anymore. I burst out laughing and the boys gave me confused looks. The fact that Alex hand no clue what the word meant but used it perfectly is just hilarious.

Julie then burst through the studio doors. "I need your guy's help."

---------------

So, here was the plan. Julie and I were gonna sing the song that Luke and Reggie took to Flynn to prove that the boys weren't holograms, but, in fact, ghosts.

I was against singing the song with Julie at first, but the boys and Julie did end up persuading me. Mostly Luke, who I couldn't say no to for some reason.

Before we even knew it, 30 minutes had gone by and Flynn was knocking on the studio doors. Julie and I went to the doors and let her in. "Thanks for coming. We just wanted to rehearse the song so it was perfect, which it's not, but whatever."