Chapter 1

I walk with Flynn to Julie's locker

I walk with Flynn to Julie's locker. "Hey, underachiever." Flynn greets.

"Hey disappointment." Julie greets back.

I laugh at the two. "Why cant you just say Hey bitch like a normal person." The two laugh with me and begin their own conversation. I was looking threw some texts from the group chat my band has. I sighed and put my phone away when I heard one of the worlds annoying voices.

"Here you go." Carrie came over, with Nick in tow, hand each of us a flyer. "My group's preforming at the spirit rally tomorrow. I'm sure you guys have nothing better to do."

"Oh my gosh, Carrie. Thanks!" Flynn mocked.

"Oh my gosh, Flynn. Don't bother coming."

"Carrie, my band is preforming at the spirit rally, too. Why is just your groups name on the flyer?" I ask, a little irritated.

"Because I'm more important than you." She casually says and walks off.

I sigh and straighten my glasses. "Deep breaths. Deep breaths. I'm gonna head to the band room to practice. I'll see you guys later. You got this Julie!" I run off to the band room to practice during my free period.

---------------

"So that's it. You're done? Does Ray know?" I ask Julie. We were at her house doing our homework. She told me how she got kicked out of the music program today.

"That's it. And, no, I don't think Dad knows... Yet." She sighs.

"Aw come on. Chin up, buttercup. You get the courage to sing again. And I'll be here to cheer you on when you do." I smile at her.

She smiles back. "Thanks Mya."

"Of course."

Ray came downstairs and started talking to Julie. I went into my own world with me writing in my song book. I was so lost in thought that I didn't even notice Julie was trying to get my attention until she shook my shoulders. "Sorry. What did you say?" I ask.

"I said that Dad wants me to clean up the old studio. I was wondering if you could help me?"

"Sure kiddo. Let's go."

We go to the studio but Julie is hesitant. She hasn't come out here in a long time. I rub her back in reassurance and she smiles up at me.

We both walk in, looking around. Julie goes up to the old piano while I go up to the loft. I look around the old instruments when I come across and old CD. I pick it up and examine it. "Sunset Curve?" I whisper.

I head down the loft and walk towards the stereo. "What's that?" Julie asks.

"A CD I found in the loft. Is it cool if I play it?"

"Yeah." I put it in and press play. Julie sits down on the couch while I stay by the stereo. The song starts off with an amazing guitar riff.

A guy starts sing and I couldn't help but dance. I was about to get Julie to dance with me when we both hear screaming.